Personal Protection Trained dog - how they should be - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Personal Protection Trained dog - how they should be

No sound in the video but still makes it's point:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Member

Love it! Someday I hope to have a dog like that Makes me a bit jealous knowing that mine is not confident enough to ever be trained like that, though.

- Berleen -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Knuckles - born 8/21/11 - my big knucklehead
and can't forget Saki; the Golden Retriever, Born 11/07/07
The felines that rule the house - Oliver, Serena, Sakura & Bastian.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned

what if a kid is just mocking the dog when the owner is inside the store? they should do that scenario because it is more likely to happen then getting mugged. if the dog bit and the kid sued, dog would be in big trouble right?

or what if a lady shoves me in a parking lot over a parking spot? i wouldnt want my dog to bite. my life isnt in danger. if someone shoved me, is the dog trained to automatically bite or should he only bite on verbal command? if he bit that lady, i'd think he'd also be in big trouble?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Crowned Member

Great video...shows that it isn't about ego! I enjoyed the scenario's to prove the balanced temperament. Not a fan of leaving him alone to his own devices....not a good choice.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Elite Member

What kind of dog is that? It has the coloring of a mal, but seems bulkier....handsome/pretty, either way!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Crowned Member

Comment below the video:

Uploaded on Jan 3, 2010
Family protection dog. Diego was selected due to his balanced nature. This very handsome dog will be your best friend and family protector. He was raised in the home with children, and is neutral with other dogs and pets. He has received extensive training in thesport of KNPV. Imported from the Netherlands with the help of our friends at Werkhondenkennel Rosan

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18

Last edited by onyx'girl; 06-11-2013 at 11:15 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Master Member

LOL I know the video is just to show how a properly trained pp behaves..but this made me tired. I could be in and out of the store 2 times if I wasn't doing all of that.

I guess for me a pp dog would be left to guard the house and the family at home. ..not to be taken out on a daily trip to the store.

..but i understand the video is just to show how it works.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniFani View Post
What kind of dog is that? It has the coloring of a mal, but seems bulkier....handsome/pretty, either way!
That is a Belgian Malinois. Same breed as my MaDeuce is.

As for the video. All that, up until protection is what the BH is supposed to be for. All that is how you would be able to live in Germany on a daily basis. That video shows exactly what I am used to. Take your dog shopping, to the Cafe, basically have a companion on your side and all of this, is basically, simple and basic obedience, every dog should know.

I love how the dog watches. You can tell that he is watching every person that is passing by, but he's calm, laid back and enjoys himself.

Also, Malinois are love bugs. I know there are some that can't be taken out in public, just like with Shepherds, but generally, from the ones I know, all of them are love bugs. They want to love on you. They are not as aloof as Shepherds. At least all the ones I know are not aloof and want to be "loved on".

Perfect Video.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 06-12-2013 at 09:01 AM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Knighted Member

Love this dog. Talk about balance and stability... Amazing!

SG S-Hunter vom Geistwasser CA CGN TT ATD (Service Dog, Retired Airport Wildlife Control K9)
Zenna vom Geistwasser NTD

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Though I guess I am the only one wondering what she did with the baby while in the store? Handed it off, I guess (hope) to the person taking the video...........

Very nice. Wouldn't it be nice if we were responsible enough here to be able to do that with our dogs?

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page