10Likes
  • 8 Post By kimbale
  • 1 Post By car2ner
  • 1 Post By kimbale

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

My Journey into PSA (With Pictures!)

So, I started venturing into PSA around December when I joined up with K9 Working Dogs of Dallas as an apprentice club decoy. Then, in March, I brought a puppy home from Weberhaus to be my PSA prospect. It's been several months, and I am totally hooked! I am so incredibly proud of Bash and the progress he has made in OB and bitework. At 6 months, he is on a sleeve with a very strong and full grip, is striking really well and jumping full tilt at the decoy. He has shown zero nerviness and in a sport that is dominated by Mals, I have had several diehard Mal people tell me how much they like Bash. His OB is super nice, as well. He has his COPs down, is building a solid recall around distractions, is focus heeling well with and without luring, and is pretty much everything I ever wanted in a sport dog.

On the decoying side, my club purchased me a custom bitesuit and I have thrown myself hard into the decoy work. I eventually want to get trial certified and am attending my first decoy camp in Arkansas in October. I'm one of our main club decoys and just love it! [Click for video.]

I am also thoroughly impressed with the people involved in PSA and how incredibly supportive this community is. We train hard and play hard and people really like watching one another succeed.

I am attending a Jonathan Katz seminar this weekend and am stoked to learn from one of the top trainers in the sport. I'm hooked, and would encourage anyone who is interested in the sport to visit a local club and get to know the people and the community.

Enjoy the photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	67539477_10102209866112729_4698929689111035904_o.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	523943   Click image for larger version

Name:	67246076_10102216036013199_8171928557774176256_o.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	523945   Click image for larger version

Name:	67640106_2457082871049489_2710215550226661376_o.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	523949  
Attached Images

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:35 PM

those photos are full of life and adventure. Thanks for sharing. I hope you do well in PSA. I'm also interested to see American Schutzhund grow along with PSA
kimbale likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2ner View Post
those photos are full of life and adventure. Thanks for sharing. I hope you do well in PSA. I'm also interested to see American Schutzhund grow along with PSA
I'm really excited to watch American Schutzhund grow. They have some great people leading it and I'm glad they've partnered with the PSA community.
car2ner likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Crowned Member

Ahh so you train with Khoi, and you met Ray and Bridget . Super fun! I may be out at Khoi's next week sometime.

T17 Working Dogs-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
Ahh so you train with Khoi, and you met Ray and Bridget . Super fun! I may be out at Khoi's next week sometime.
Yep! Khoi is our TD! And yeah, Ray and Bridget were part of our club until it just became too much of a drive for them. They hosted Katz and I plan to go out to their place to train at different times. Come out to club, we'd love to have you visit!!!!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbale View Post
Yep! Khoi is our TD! And yeah, Ray and Bridget were part of our club until it just became too much of a drive for them. They hosted Katz and I plan to go out to their place to train at different times. Come out to club, we'd love to have you visit!!!!

I'm heading out to TX to see Neil F (black and Yellow bite suit). I know Khoi's is one of the stops he want's to make while I'm out there.

I've known Ray and Bridget for a few years now. I'm actually a trainer for their pet dog company.

Hopefully we can meet while I'm out there. I just sent you a friend request on FB.

T17 Working Dogs-

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
I'm heading out to TX to see Neil F (black and Yellow bite suit). I know Khoi's is one of the stops he want's to make while I'm out there.

I've known Ray and Bridget for a few years now. I'm actually a trainer for their pet dog company.

Hopefully we can meet while I'm out there. I just sent you a friend request on FB.

Awesome! Neil is a great guy and comes by to decoy for our club every so often. That's also cool that you work for Koru, I did not know that! They are great people. We are lucky to have so many great trainers and decoys around DFW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page