First NQ - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

First NQ

I blew past a sign (serpentine weave twice) on the course. Didn't even see it for some reason. I knew it was there, knew how it was supposed to fit, just completely spaced during the actual run. Super weird because it's kind of hard to miss FOUR cones!!!

We will probably not get our Advanced title this year now because there is only one trial in our area left. We have been working on the signs for Advanced for probably 9 months, there's just no place for us to trial without doing an overnight.

What was the silliest way you ever NQ'd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 09:13 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Bummer!!!!

In agility, I've forgotten the course entirely and gotten lost. I've sent my dog clearly over a jump that was NOT the next piece of equipment on the course. I've tripped and completely fallen on the ground. And I've also run into equipment either knocking it down or having to leap over it!

I think I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Knighted Member

Don't worry there is always next year. The first Rally trial I took Raina to we completely blew. She wasn't ready for competition and I had no idea what it was like to compete. I had never been to a trial so I just entered her and we went. She did terrible, forgetting every command I thought she knew, wouldn't front for anything, and kept looking around outside the ring to find my daughter who she thought was missing. I forgot all my training on getting her attention and was a nervous wreck. We did learn a lot that time though and within 5 months later she had her RN title. I haven't gone on to RA even though I have the signs and she knows all the commands and things she is supposed to do, due to lack of funds, having to go stay overnight, and lack of a dependable vehicle to go in, etc. It has been a few years now since we competed but maybe one day.

Teri

Amorette Vom Godinghofer of Summerland (AKA Abby) 5/21/15
Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Crowned Member

I Dq'd myself for not clearly understanding the rules, crap happens, but with only a few shows per year it's easy to kick ourselves over it when we mess up.

We have an AKC and UKC show coming up May and June (Spokane). It's a bit of a drive for you though.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
I Dq'd myself for not clearly understanding the rules, crap happens, but with only a few shows per year it's easy to kick ourselves over it when we mess up.

We have an AKC and UKC show coming up May and June (Spokane). It's a bit of a drive for you though.
Yeah, I saw that and I'm kind of contemplating entering, but it's so hard to do because of SAR. I did make the drive last year and it was worth it- good practice to compete in totally strange place. There was one in Yakima too, but I will be at a conference for work.

No worries. We got 98/100 today and our title, so I am pleased.

I think I would probably get lost on an agility course! I would need signs for sure.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimeju View Post
Yeah, I saw that and I'm kind of contemplating entering, but it's so hard to do because of SAR. I did make the drive last year and it was worth it- good practice to compete in totally strange place. There was one in Yakima too, but I will be at a conference for work.

No worries. We got 98/100 today and our title, so I am pleased.

I think I would probably get lost on an agility course! I would need signs for sure.
Congratulations on the new title!

Teri

Amorette Vom Godinghofer of Summerland (AKA Abby) 5/21/15
Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page