What kind of leash do you use? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:30 AM
AXO

Thumbs up

Leather braided. 4ft with a 2ft attached.

I thought about giving this company's products a try. WWW. combatk9.com

Last edited by AXO; 02-02-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to robeangyalchen
Well, everyone is using big brands and fancy ones...
until last month, i was using (no brand) a rope, similar to rock climbing ones with bolt clip on one end and loop on other end, 6 feet long.
Right now i am using same type of rope but 1 inch or more at diameter with bolt clip at one end and loop at another end.
We do not do agility or any kinds of sports here, rather than that i use this leash for everything, walking, running, training
A picture is attached, it may clear up what i am trying to say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-27-1672.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	174762  

Robean Gyalchen Lamakhor.

"Tyson"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- GSD - 09 JUNE 2013
"Rusty"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BOXER - 12 Jan 2009 to 25 Oct 2012 - Miss you a lot.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO View Post
Leather braided. 4ft with a 2ft attached.

I thought about giving this company's products a try. WWW. combatk9.com
I use their fast bungee. Quality product for sure. I don't have any of their harness products, but I know a couple of people that use them and like them.

David Winners

When a dog saves the life of a man, it becomes clear that partnership knows no bounds.

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET)
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert / Mobility SD (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:29 AM
AXO

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Winners View Post
I use their fast bungee. Quality product for sure. I don't have any of their harness products, but I know a couple of people that use them and like them.

David Winners

That is Great to hear. I have a Ray Allen Harness that I used with Sampson. I am very pleased with the way it has held up. I will probably purchase a Fast Bungee and their Cobra Collar for Ziggy.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Elite Member

Waaaayyy back when, I expressed a preference for nylon.

Well, fast-forward some months and we're now solidly ensconced in the "fancy braided leather show lead" category.

Pongu's show lead is hilariously too-thick latigo because I was fixed on having these two particular colors and they were only available in thick latigo so that's what we got. It's broken in now, though, and fairly comfortable to use, and actually comes in handy when I get distracted and fumble-fingered in the ring (I tried the thin leather show lead, dropped it a couple of times, and decided I was done with that for the time being)... but the real reason is that I liked the colors.

This past weekend I also picked up a nice tan-and-azure kangaroo leather slip lead for Crookytail's nonexistent agility career, but who knows if that one will ever see use.

ARCHMX TDCH Pongu the Insane, CD-C, RE, RL1X6, RL2X5, RL3X2 (GSD mix, b. Apr 2010)
Crookytail the Tigerwuff, RL1, ITD (Akita mix, b. Jan 2011)
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Winners View Post
.... now I'm going to order a high visibility long line with a locking clip. I'm such a geardo.
Bud talked me out of the lockjaw for the long line I bought the 1/2 inch for lighter weight........but my main application is for control in urban type scenarios....they do slide through the brush nicely and the minimalist loop should be good for that as well.

I did get it for the 4 foot. LOL the lead I lost was clipped to the ring and around my shoulder and I STILL lost it.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:10 AM

using a Nylon Padded Handle Leash from a company called Jet Storm

Online Dog Trainer
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:36 AM

Anything from Ellas Leads

get all my collars/leads there.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 09:29 AM

Just bought one of the soft leather leads from Leatherleashstore.com Very pleased with it. However, going to have to purchase another as the one I bought is 4' and we need 6' for rally.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury View Post
Well, it's not like nylon leashes have ripped my palm skin off or anything, but it does slide through my hand so even if I started out a foot from the handle by the end of a heel (if I have to use a correction or something) I find myself sliding off! Plus holding four nylon leashes on a walk just feels icky. Im too young for arthritis but my knuckles hurt for some reason with nylon. Four well-broken leather leashes doesn't leave my hand sore afterwards. I have sensitive totally non-manly artist hands, though! Lol

Of course nylon is tops for dock diving/beach-going.
I have issues with nylon as well, I use leather although now I want to look into biothane. Hubs swears by nylon and hates leather. Good. he leaves my stuff alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page