Went to an AKC show today and..... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Went to an AKC show today and.....

Went to an AKC show today to support some friends that were doing obedience. It was fun. This is a decent size three day show of all breeds. It was fun looking at all the differences in the breeds. Unfortunately for us this great looking BC kicked our buts!

On our way out we decided to look though the vendors and what not. Well this guy started asking us about our (my GF and my dogs) dogs so we told him we have two GSD's and a APBT. He asked about the APBT. He asked "Does he have cropped ears?" I replied "No". He then proceeds to tell us that our dog is a Staffordshire Terrier because he doesn't have cropped ears and according to AKC if the ears are not cropped then it's a staffie. Um... No dude. First off they are two different breeds. Second of all, as far as I know the AKC doesn't recognize the APBT so.... He then goes on about how people don't like hearing they don't have a pit and blah blah blah. What an idiot! That's like saying a Dobie with natural ears isn't a Dobie or a Rottie with a tail isn't a Rottie. People (and their attitudes) kill me at these things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Elite Member

Wow, that is... some... creative? reasoning that guy had.

Cropped ears change a dog's breed, hmm, I'll be sure to remember that...

ARCHMX TDCH Pongu the Insane, CD-C, RE, RL1X6, RL2X5, RL3X2 (GSD mix, b. Apr 2010)
Crookytail the Tigerwuff, RL1, ITD (Akita mix, b. Jan 2011)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Elite Member

Haha! What was he selling?

Congrats on your fun experience!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph
Quote:
What was he selling?
Stupid.

But obviously myco wasn't buying

Jackie and the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(and one cat)

Strauss: The Patriarch
Wesson: The Grand Champion
Mikasa: The Hellbeast
Soul Eater: The Moon and Stars Dog
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

He was selling earrings and necklaces of different dog breeds. A friend of ours has some GSD earrings and I thought maybe the GF would like some. Definitely not after the comments he made. Plus his prices were outrageous. For a GSD charm type thing he wanted $625. No way! It was cute but not that cute. Who in their right mind would pay that?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Crowned Member

There are loonies in all venues. Just ignore them. Don't let them spoil your day. You know who your dogs are. You can call them Martians if you like and it won't bother them at all.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
He was selling earrings and necklaces of different dog breeds. A friend of ours has some GSD earrings and I thought maybe the GF would like some. Definitely not after the comments he made. Plus his prices were outrageous. For a GSD charm type thing he wanted $625. No way! It was cute but not that cute. Who in their right mind would pay that?
SIX... HUNDRED... TWENTY FIVE? Dear lord. I hope they were cast in platinum by red haired, green eyed virgins from Japan.

But again, congrats on a successful AKC show. :P

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Elite Member

That's hilarious. People are so odd. We just had a 3 day AKC thing here in CA too. I wanted to go check it out but never made it down do you how often do they have events like that?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
That's hilarious. People are so odd. We just had a 3 day AKC thing here in CA too. I wanted to go check it out but never made it down do you how often do they have events like that?

I'm in CA. There seem to be an AKC show every month around here. I recommend checking them out. Definitely a different world from bite sports but I have enjoyed them for the most part. My IPO and SDA people do AKC obedience as well. So it's just something else fun to do and get trial experience. Now the show ring is.... Let's just say a place I don't ever want to be a part of.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyanna
I thought people said staffordshire terrier, because didn't want to say pit bull. A friend had a senior staffordshire. When he introduced me to Winston, I said this is a pitbull. Guess I owe him and Winston an apology.

Cheyanna

Handler for Service Dog, Fiona Van Sandstein (5/23/12 -- )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page