Invitational question from a new exhibitor. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Invitational question from a new exhibitor.

Hi all, I am new to this and show in obedience and rally. I was at a show and finished novice and moved up to advanced the next day and one of the ring stewards told me I should have stayed in novice b. We had scored a 97 or 98 and he told me if we had stayed in novice and went to a lot of shows my dog would have been a top dog and we would be invited to nationals. (????) Can someone explain what he was talking about? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Crowned Member

I think the Nationals are over for this year. So if you had campaigned your dog in Rally Novice for a year, you might have been invited to the Nationals as the best Rally Novice dog. Maybe.

Rally Novice B are for competitors who have earned any obedience/rally title, or a dog has earned any title. You can continue in Novice B, indefinitely, but you have to get out of Novice A, after you earn a title. If the nationals is your goal than that might be a way toward it.

If your dog is ready to work off lead, and the nationals are not your goal, then why not continue on in Rally Advanced A. Now, getting to the Nationals from Advanced is a tougher road, because the people that go on in Rally go into Rally Advanced A (for the most part, and if the dog doesn't have an obedience title), and then they go on to Excellent level, and if that isn't enough pain they go into B and sign up for Advanced an Excellent and if they qualify in both Advanced and Excellent in the same show, ten separate times, you can get your RAE. Yay. And some of these B - people are working on their 3rd RAE with the dog -- that is sick. Sorry, but people need to try something new.

But maybe they will be invited to the nationals. I mean, you have to start getting some blue ribbons the 30th or 40th time you are in the ring.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

We have since finished rally advanced, beginner novice, 2 novice and are working on open exercises. Was he talking about nationals and how does that work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Master Member

Is there an invitational for Rally? I found the Obedience because my friend was invited.

I would not even think about repeating Novice. Get up to RAE level. Even there, I know many who get all 99s and 100s at that level. It would be tough to be in the top unless you trialed every weekend.

In short, ignore the ring steward and don't waste our money.

https://www.akc.org/press_center/art...rticle_id=4646

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Last edited by FlyAway; 11-02-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page