Rally! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Rally!

Went to a Rally Trial last weekend and finished up Whimsy's RN with a 99 and a 95. The 99 was good for 1st place/Highest Scoring Dog in Rally Novice. The 95 would have been a 99 or better if I hadn't screwed up one of the signs and then almost get the to the next station before realizing it.

3rd Leg/New Title (Complete with Handler Error )
YouTube - Whimsy Rally Novice New Title 12-19-10

2nd Leg/1st Place
YouTube - Whimsy Rally Novice First Place 12-18-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Master Member

Congratulations!! Rally is such a fun way to start an obedience "career"...keep at it!

-LeeAnn
There are two kinds of dogs: Dogs who are German Shepherds, and dogs who WISH they were German Shepherds....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Echo of Someday Vom Royale, CD, RA, CGC, TDI
Laughin' Tori Lori, CD, RN, CGC
Marcella's Miss Ruby Dee, RN, CGC, TDI
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Crowned Member

Congrats! Looks like you had a good time. I'm very interested in getting into rally. While the show setup is unknown to me, it looks like we could pass a novice trial well at this point.

Danielle, owner of...
Fraggle Rock Collars & ...
Fraggle Vom Richcreek CGC CA
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Crowned Member

Congratulations!!! Nice run both days.

We were there! Not on the first U-tube, that must have been Sunday. We were there on Saturday though. I thought I talked to everyone with sheps there. Hard to say though. I was pretty rattled on Saturday.

What about that dog fight in the awards. I was sanding next to the wrinkle dog next to the Rotty in the front. They blew up, and they carried the wrinkle dog Sharpei maybe to the other side of the ring. The Rotty did qualify I think. But I heard the wrinkle dog owner, say coming into the ring, that they would stand next to the Rotty that would be ok.... Hmmm, guess not.

Joy got a 94, but I was pleased with her performance. We needed an extra command to go the rest of the way down on the moving down. I thought the judge was good and nice.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Congratulations!!! Nice run both days.

We were there! Not on the first U-tube, that must have been Sunday. We were there on Saturday though. I thought I talked to everyone with sheps there. Hard to say though. I was pretty rattled on Saturday.
I was there Thurs, Sat and Sunday but Thurs was just in breed (WB for one point ). I didn't have a GSD with me but was traveling in a group of Belgians LOL

Quote:
What about that dog fight in the awards. I was sanding next to the wrinkle dog next to the Rotty in the front. They blew up, and they carried the wrinkle dog Sharpei maybe to the other side of the ring. The Rotty did qualify I think. But I heard the wrinkle dog owner, say coming into the ring, that they would stand next to the Rotty that would be ok.... Hmmm, guess not.
I actually missed the awards that day - and I got first! I was hiding from the PWD that went last because he is in love with my dog. Then I started talking to someone and next thing you know the awards were over I heard about the fight though and Sunday I heard there was a fight in the Chessie ring after one male broke his collar and went after another male.

Quote:
Joy got a 94, but I was pleased with her performance. We needed an extra command to go the rest of the way down on the moving down. I thought the judge was good and nice.
She was a nice and IMO fair judge. During awards on Sunday she handed me my Q ribbon and said "you'd have been first you know". Dog is good - handler needs work reading signs!

Did you have one or two GSDs in?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 12:56 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Congrats! How nice to see such happy and enthusiastic heeling! You did your ground work well! Looks like a lot of fun.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Crowned Member

I had one in Rally Novice and Babsy in obedience.

Joy got her title.

Babsy got her second leg.

We had a good time (well, most of it).

By this point in my life, I ought to know that obedience isn't my thing. I am just a bad apple. I am standing there waiting to go into the ring and talking to this other woman who looked about as green as me, and both of us are asking ourselves why we subject ourselves to this kind of stuff.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
Congrats! How nice to see such happy and enthusiastic heeling! You did your ground work well! Looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks! And you are right - it's all in the foundation work We had a good time for sure. I'm hoping to have her ready for a CD later this year. She needs more proofing and to fix up a few things like getting her fronts more consistent.

For fun - Baby Whimsy beginning to learn heel:

Quote:
I had one in Rally Novice and Babsy in obedience.

Joy got her title.

Babsy got her second leg.

We had a good time (well, most of it).

By this point in my life, I ought to know that obedience isn't my thing. I am just a bad apple. I am standing there waiting to go into the ring and talking to this other woman who looked about as green as me, and both of us are asking ourselves why we subject ourselves to this kind of stuff.
Congratulations on your title and leg! How much obedience have you done? I have found that for me, with each dog it has gotten easier and each dog I have trained is a bit better than the previous dog. I know a lot of people these days don't care for competition obedience but I really like training for it. I have had some funny and some not so good experiences with trialing but I still like it. And it's not as bad as some other things I have witnessed. Years ago at the Cleveland show I saw a Chow in Novice A mount the judge during the stand for exam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page