I am toast, I know it.
Three weeks ago I knew it

That I had to work on stand and recall
Recall has improved
Hope that makes me happy.

Heidi needs an advanced Rally leg.
She is entered too.
She was awesome in April.

We have had about two classes since then.
I am really, really worried about this.
Does that ever change.

I only need a Seventy...
I cannot sleep.
Just I hope I do not NQ in both.

Green ribbons are awesome
Green are the best.
Green ribbons, Palleeeze!!!!!

Why oh why do we put ourselves through this???
It is SO cool when your dog does good though.

Worst yet, Babsy got her RA in Cleveland at the classic
And I heard such awesome comments about her.
If she squiggles like the weenie she is, I will be so embarrassed.

In December she could have done her CD.
Right now she is broody and weenie.
Oh why do I do this to myself and her???

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Elite Member

Breathe! LOL I went through the same things when I entered Moxie and Jinx. Day of the show, I didn't breathe until I passed the "finish" sign lol

We put ourselves through this because it is fun! lol And of course to show off how hard we have worked with our dogs.

If they mess up something during the show, then you know what you have to work on until the next one. Green ribbons are great, but so is just getting to go to a dog show with your dogs and have a fun day

Good Luck!

Moxie vom Triton RA CD (GSD)
Breaca von Dog Pound (BC)
APRI Ch Royalty's Jinx'D Ya RN CDX (Sheltie)
RIP Achielles UD, Axel CD, Hella & Malfoy (GSDs)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Knighted Member

Good luck! I hope all your concerns were/are unfounded!

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well...

It was a very long and emotion filled day.

I think I pretty much ran the gamut of emotions today.

Got up early, and took care of the pack, then put Babs and Heidi in the car and off to the groomers.

I ate at Gluttens R Us (the hometown buffet), and seriously thought about confession even though I am not Catholic....

After they dehaired Babs and Heidi, I trecked down to Canfield. I found where I was to be, and waited, and waited, and warmed up the dogs and waited and waited and waited.

Finally, they started getting obedience off the ground. But there was a problem, a gal in Novice A was in conformation miles away on the other side of the grounds.

So they asked if it was alright with the rest of novice if we might hold off and do it after Rally. I was HAPPY to be obliging.

I had Babs out, she was so good, just waiting there, letting everyone come up and pet her and such. Not causing any issues.

The Versatility dog was awesome, it was also the Utility B dog, and the Open B dog and its handler also had an Open A dog and one other Open A dog and they were all exceptional. The combined score for Open B, utility B was 397.5.

I was sitting there Green with ENVY, and also PETRIFIED about how BAD my dogs were going to look next to these dogs.

At the end of obedience, Babsy was asked to be the Honor dog for Excelent, I felt HONORED. She did quite well with it, even though I did not walk the course. Of course we were on lead, but so what. She could have done it off lead.

I then ran Babs back to the car, and ran back to do the Advanced run through. I ran through three times, thought I had it down and ran back and got Heidi. Heidi finally decided that she had enough of lying around. Bouncing off of the walls was what she preferred next. I was ANXIOUSLY trying to warm her up. She got into the ring and forgot how to walk next to me. I was so embarrassed. Start, 1 step 2 steps 3 steps, offset figure 8 -- halfway through that I sped up and she actually started to settle. Then we went over the jump into the 270 right, Halt Stand Walk around, left about -- almost left the ring there but I saved it and walked right on past the halt call to front return right halt sign. we trapesed down to the far turn and she started to settle, changed paces, did a few weird turns, an advanced sign or two and finished ok.

Of course we NQd, becuase I blew by the sign. Errgh!!! Everyone tried to be nice. But it was a solid NQ. No one's fault but my own.

So I switch dogs and wait for Rally Novice to finish, totally DEFLATED and HUMBLED.

Babsy has been having trouble with two exercises, I had very little hope for her CD leg. But we gave it the college try.

I went in and heeling went well, figure eight ok, while she shirked away a little for the stand for exam, I was hoping it would only be points off as she was able to touch her on the head and back and butt. She did the recall really well. Another judge might have deducted for her lack of speed, but she came straight to me and sat in front. Then finished with my hands at my sides. I was so PROUD.

We got to the stays, and Babs is pretty good on stays. The sit stay went good. The down stay was going good, I was getting EXCITED. I thought I was home free.

Then a full grown garbage truck came and started doing its garbage thing all around the building chugging, and farting and sighing and pounding, and crashing. Babs stood up on full alert -- ears pitched forward and rock solid stand at attention. I completely DEFLATED. It was so hard to walk back without showing my DISAPPOINTMENT. But when she said exercise complete, I praised the dog and petted her.

The judge came over and said the garbage truck was too much to ask the dog for, she was going to judge her down stay again. HOPE!!!! And THANKFULNESS. I took her out of the ring while she awarded the Novice A dog, and then we went back and lay down again. The garbage truck returned but Babs ears only marked its progress. And we somehow stayed through three more minutes.

It was a grueling experience. I felt like I went through the wringer washing maching.

Babsy got a huge cheer from the remaining people. Her score was 190 and got the blue ribbon.

We stopped at Arby's and each girl got a regular roast beef sandwich. And after a slight delay on the freeway, and another hour of driving, we are now at my parents' house.

A good day in all.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Crowned Member

Yup, sounds like a day at a dog trial! Glad you had fun. Yes, we do this for FUN right?? Congrats on the good stuff as it makes it worth the trip. Good work!

You definitely have my sympathy on the missed sign!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

It is fun. It is really neat to see them when they are at their best, and really Babsy was in the ring. I love going to shows. But the nerves never stop. What do they call it when you love pain and agony???

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Crowned Member

CONGRATS to you & the girls ! I look back at my last yr Canfield days & we have came so far. That day there I was still a novice & had Storm on a long lead at that time & in photos it looked terrible & sloppy ! Well, we Q'd that day & have learned alot from then. I have not worked him in rally for awhile nor have had classes, but hope to start back up & at least get the 2 more RE legs we need. Didn't have the extra $ to head to Canfield, but loved that show, great shopping !

Yes, we put ourselves through so much & the nerve thing don't get much better, but once over, it is FUN ! I am in it for just that ! Wait till you start agility ! Nerves.............. It's the remembering the course & hoping you don't fall or something..... LOL The rescue remedy has helped me some.

Congrats once again !!!! PM sometime what the pups look like today.

Take care & oh yea............ BREATHE

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Knighted Member

Congrats anyway at least one went well and next time you'll be even better prepared. It's not about winning every title the first time you try that would so take the fun out of it anyway
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Crowned Member

Congratulations!

I hate it when the put those signs places that are easy to miss!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:58 AM

Excellent post Selzer, I felt like I was there! Congratulations on the blue ribbon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page