run throughs today trial tomorrow and sunday - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

run throughs today trial tomorrow and sunday

I have Heidi entered in Rally Advanced. She is not as ready as Babsy was in December. We will be lucky to qualify.

I took her and Babs to the run through today.

I did not want to jump Babsy, so I had her do novice obedience. She did well. Ok, we messed up the recall, she blew by and went to heal position. Everything else she did very well on.

I did a run through in obedience with Heidi, and well, she is not quite there yet. Her stay is broken. I knew this from class. We are working on it, but for some reason it broke. And she broke. Both on recall, sit and down. Her heeling was better than her stay. Her first stand for exam was ok, but she broke at the very end while I was walking back to heel position. Points off. He had me do it again, and she broke quicker. Glad she is not entered in obedience.

So Rally Advanced. She did the entire course very well, but refused the bar jump. Hmmmph! it took three tries to get her over it. They said 5$ for ten minutes so they let me in to work on the jumps. After a few times I found that if I put my hands high in the air and say jump, she does it right. OK. they had the broad jump there too, so we went over that.

We did it right about four times. Then suddenly, she started hitting it or just stepping on it instead of sailing over it. She seems broken on that too, now. Well we fiddle farted around with it.

Some utility people came over and started lecturing me on how she has no idea what it is and that she cannot learn it over night and that she has to be taught, and how I should put two bar jumps up with the broad jump in the middle and, etc. They acted really condecending.

I do not own these jumps. I do take her to classes, but she has only seen the high jump so far, until today. I entered this show even though we were not ready because it is our local club and I want to support the entry.

Still, if people in the club are going to be so crappy, I dunno. I am doing rally because it is fun.

After the women gave up on us, the judge told me to bring her back in and we did a few things to get her to go over it. And we ended on an upbeat.

In all, I was glad I went. Hope I do not have to do a broad jump tomorrow.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Crowned Member

I hope you don't see that darn broad jump either!
Really, I hardly ever see it used, but my bad luck, the one dog that was older and struggled with getting over it got that thing twice! I was able to get her over it the second try though. I really don't like that broad jump.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

It is no fun, seeing broads jump, LOL!

Thanks for comiserating with me. I asked if they were supplying the jumps, and these are the jumps so, it will be available. I have my fingers crossed hoping that they will not use it.

If they do, I sure hope they do not use it on Sunday.

Hmmmph!!! My luck to get a broad jump. I am toast!!!!

This is turning into major panic at this point.

I told my friend that I could break into the fairgrounds tonight and practice with the jumps all night.

Hey what are you in for?
Murder 1, you?
Tresspassing.

Tresspassing???
Yeah, well trespassing and B&E, broke into a building at the fairgrounds.

What would ya do that for?
To practice broad jumps.

At some point, a person ought to know that they are taking this dog stuff too far.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Crowned Member

LOL Just recently my friend and I did something so close to that! Her dog walked the broad the first day and we stayed ohhh so late, avoiding security at the equestrian center for just a few practice jumps! Thanks for pointing out the insanity!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well, we did ok with a 93 and second place. No broad jump, LOL!

Now if only we can pass tomorrow as well, our trainer is going to incorporate the broad jumps in class.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Crowned Member

Hurray! That's a good score!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page