5Likes
  • 1 Post By LuvShepherds
  • 1 Post By clipke
  • 3 Post By LuvShepherds

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Dogs available in Florida

I’m posting this for a friend and don’t have a lot of information. Due to a personal emergency, someone needs to rehome some working line German Shepherds. I believe they are all females but I am not positive. The dogs are relatively high energy and drive, and have been well socialized. I don’t know the ages, but I think at least one is young. They don’t need to be kept together. If you are interested please PM me and I will give you contact information. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions and to meet the person giving up the dogs. There will be a rehoming fee.
Kazel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

A little more information - the dogs will make excellent sport dogs. They may be willing to home them with people out of the area. One is a puppy.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I know this is vague but I received more information. There is a male puppy around 6-7 months old. I canít post any details on the forum, but I can share more privately. These are very well bred, healthy dogs. They are not giving them up for behavior or health problems of the animals. If they canít find direct homes, the dogs will go into rescue. But these are working dogs with good drive and temperaments who could do so much more than being just a pet dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Elite Member

I hope they find good homes. Probably a sad decision for the family, but a good opportunity for someone to find some great dogs.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yes, itís very sad and complicated. No one wants to give up beloved dogs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:27 PM

If I had a bigger vehicle to live in, I'd take the male in a heartbeat. Best of luck!
LuvShepherds likes this.

Jax - 2 year old WGWL GSD, 125lbs
Leeroy - 3 year old Rottweiler Pit Bull Mix, 120lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thank you to everyone who offered help and advice and to those who showed an interest in the dogs. Those who I have talked to here have been put into contact with the facilitator. We tried our best to keep personal information off the internet but a friend of the person organizing the dog transfers of ownership posted somewhere else in great detail, so I can offer more information, while still maintaining some privacy for the family involved. I know you are all wondering why the breeder of such wonderful dogs didn’t take them back. The person who passed away suddenly was the breeder, then the family member with the breeder’s dogs became very ill. Family and close friends have taken the dogs the breeder loved the most. There are a lot of older puppies which remained unsold during this upheaval and a few adults that have not yet been taken. It wasn’t a huge kennel, she was considered a smaller breeder, but there were still a dozen dogs to be placed. I’m surprised and happy that the elderly dogs all found homes right away. They now have a list of people interested in the remaining dogs and will start the long process of placing them in the best possible homes where they can live up to their potentials. Dogs from this kennel have been successful in LE, SAR, and as service or therapy dogs so they are very versatile and we were all concerned that they find good homes.

This is a good reminder to have a flexible plan in place for your dogs if something unexpected happens.
Sunsilver, RoseW and clipke like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:13 PM

Weíre in Tennessee and might be able to take a female whose drives are on the lower end of the scale, as long as she is dog friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in