Welland, Ontario - Luna, FS, 1yr, B&T - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Welland, Ontario - Luna, FS, 1yr, B&T

Luna is my current foster. If you have any questions about her I can answer them. I do not handle adoptions or applications. If interested in applying for her, please use the email listed at the bottom of the post

"Luna is a 1 year old shepherd who's had a bit of a rough start in life. But true to a dog's outlook, she's never looked back. Luna lives every day excited to see what it brings and is eager to learn something new.

Due to the lack of structure when she was young, she's best thought of as a young puppy in an adult body, and full of energy to boot! She's up with the sun, and goes till long after it sets. She's very curious, eager to please and wants to work. She will make someone an excellent fun sport dog and active household companion. Luna enjoys the company of other dogs, but is not the best at body language. She is currently learning to respect her housemates as she is a very abrupt and 'in your face' type of dog. It's a slow curve, but she is making progress. She is overly interested in cats, and must be managed properly if she is to live with them.

Luna loves all people but again is very abrupt in her body language. She uses the same loud bark for all interactions, which can be off-putting and intimidating to those not familiar with her. She is working hard on learning appropriate greetings and to say 'hello' quietly. Thankfully she is highly food and reward motivated and picks things up very quickly! But lots of repetition, and structure will be key to her success. Due to her high energy and bounciness, she would be best in a home without small children.

As with many shepherds, Luna appears to have mild allergies. She is doing well in her foster home, but as she ages, this may change. Proper attention to her care, and adjustment to her diet and lifestyle may be needed over her lifetime to ensure she maintains proper quality of life. She also has a 'shuffling' gait with her rear, so the potential is there for skeletal issues down the road. She is a small, lithe shepherd, and at this time, it does not affect her mobility or athleticism.

Most importantly she is a happy, fun girl, looking for a home to call her very own! If you're looking for a high energy companion, with tons of love and a blank slate to work with, Luna's your girl!"

NEW BEGINNINGS PET RESCUE
Ottawa, ON k2a 0y3
[email protected]

Profile: https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/37251395
Attached Images

My crew:
Dante - Mutt, Morpheus - Rottweiler, Faeron - GSD, Errol -Mutt, Teito - GSD, Pancake - GSD, Jasper - GSD, Natsu - Rottweiler, Gambit - GSD

Foster(s):
Luna - GSD
'New Guy' - GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Elite Member

She looks lovely. I hope she finds her forever home soon.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Pretty girl Luna is still looking for a home! She is in need of an active home, which will provide her with a job. Someone active in a canine sport will be ideal for her. This girl is an energizer bunny!

Her body weight has improved, and she's working on conditioning. She's gotten very good with the cats in my home, but will still need proper management and supervision with any new cats. She is a bit of a stresser, so routine, mental activity and structure are very important to her.

Please email [email protected] to find out more!
Attached Images

My crew:
Dante - Mutt, Morpheus - Rottweiler, Faeron - GSD, Errol -Mutt, Teito - GSD, Pancake - GSD, Jasper - GSD, Natsu - Rottweiler, Gambit - GSD

Foster(s):
Luna - GSD
'New Guy' - GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page