***Our Beautiful 16-Week-Old (male) Puppy Needs A New Home*** - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Crowned Member

my first question would be did you contact the breeder?

even if they are at capacity, many rescues will gladly network a dog for you if you agree to foster in place. That means the pup continues to live with you until a home is found

ETA: they will likely be even more eager to help if you offer a donation to them. the amounts you are offering someone to neuter the dog alone would likely cover any effort they would expend finding him a home. especially if he stays with you.
GypsyGhost likes this.

Last edited by Dainerra; 07-08-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Pictures

Our pretty boy.
Attached Images

cdwoodcox likes this.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainerra View Post
my first question would be did you contact the breeder?

even if they are at capacity, many rescues will gladly network a dog for you if you agree to foster in place. That means the pup continues to live with you until a home is found

ETA: they will likely be even more eager to help if you offer a donation to them. the amounts you are offering someone to neuter the dog alone would likely cover any effort they would expend finding him a home. especially if he stays with you.
The breeder moved out of state.

Thank you for the information on the donation. I would be more than happy to make a donation to help the organization. I will write them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Crowned Member

You said you were willing to travel for training, right? Perhaps contact rescues out of state, offer to deliver him with a donation if they can help. I sure wish I was closer and had room, I'd take him in a heartbeat
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMarie View Post
The breeder moved out of state.

Thank you for the information on the donation. I would be more than happy to make a donation to help the organization. I will write them.
even if the breeder moved, they should be willing to take him back.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:35 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Considering the condition this pup was in when he was picked up, I don't think that returning him to the breeder is an option.

I think it takes a lot of courage and honesty to admit that you are in over your head, and I know this is a difficult thing to do, one gets so attached to these pups.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMarie View Post
Our pretty boy.
Nice looking dog. Shouldn't be too hard finding him a home. Just make sure whoever gets him is qualified or capable of handling him.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 06:40 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Molly, I edited your first post to say that you got your pup from a Backyard Breeder - Hobby breeders are serious breeders, who know what they are doing but are not commercial breeders (what some people will refer to as a Professional Breeder). They don't breed to make money, but to pursue their passion as a hobby - typically they are very involved into training and trialing and titling their dogs, breeding being an offshoot of their interest in working with their dogs.
llombardo likes this.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Elite Member

every puppy i raised has has some type of issue. many times i wanted to ram head through a wall and second guessed getting a puppy in the first place. with the time and work put into it you will have a near perfect dog, won't be able to imagine life without him and laugh at the thought of ever giving up on him.
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and J M View Post
I love that a 16 week old PUPPY is being considered aggressive. At that age, without a good trainer some puppies still nip and bite. They mature a little at around 6 months.
I've seen it. Not common but genetics are genetics. Imprinting is imprinting.

If the OP can get the puppy into a rescue, they may have the resources and time do teach the puppy some coping skills and find an appropriate home for him.

SG Seger vom Sitz vd Hose, IPO3, AD
G Faren vom Warkonhaus, Monkey in Training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page