60 minutes - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

60 minutes

Wonderful reporting on the elite dogs in our military with some good factual information in terms of type dogs, uses, and requirements to be successful for this vocation. As a German Shepherder person it saddens me, but was not surprising at all. The good thing is sometimes it takes reporting like 60 minutes to open up the eyes of many of our breeders. To that I say Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Crowned Member

I agree, a great informative segment, and Corbin is a true Hero! Sad to see the GSD isn't represented like the Mal but I do understand why.
This site was overloaded during the show, so many people hitting on it?
Expert military dog trainer, K9 trainer, guard dog trainer |Trikos

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Crowned Member

I have it set on my DVR. Looking forward to watching it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
x11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
I agree, a great informative segment, and Corbin is a true Hero! Sad to see the GSD isn't represented like the Mal but I do understand why.
This site was overloaded during the show, so many people hitting on it?
Expert military dog trainer, K9 trainer, guard dog trainer |Trikos
and yr opinion on this outfit? i notice they don't breed or they don't advertise it?
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Crowned Member

I think it is a worthy business. Former Navy Seal and the guy has a heart, not a show-boater.
He also takes retired military dogs for placement as K9 LE's or will place them in a forever home. I didn't get the feeling he is in it for the $ or ego boost.

Well spoken in the interview and you could tell he didn't see the dogs as equipment or tools, but as a partner to be utilized with the talents of a good K9.
Are you able to view the segment x11? Hopefully it will be on Hulu

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Crowned Member

Here is the link: Sniffing Out Bombs: Meet America's most elite dogs - 60 Minutes - CBS News

I see a lot of working malinois who look like they have gsds bred into the lines and there are a lot of gsd x mal working dogs.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Knighted Member

I just watched the show thanks to your post. Molly even watched part of it, she's in a small pen in our living room recovering from surgery. The Sheriff in my county uses the Malinois also.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Crowned Member

CBS morning news is doing a segment/ interview with Mike Ritland this morning.

Jane~
Kept by

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed that. I had a little trouble with the CBS link. Here's a YouTube I was able to watch.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=FsnPA...%3DFsnPAQ137fY

Last edited by Nigel; 04-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 AM

Great 60 minutes episode. Gsd's are the very best protection. I have a warning sign at my home: "warning this property is guarded by the german shepherd protection service." I want a sign that says "hey thugs, yeah, come on in, i have a surprise for you!"

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page