Dear Friends Today I Lost My Best Friend In The Wo - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Dear Friends Today I Lost My Best Friend In The Wo

Dear Friends Today I Lost My Best Friend In The World Gweenie My Long Time Friend Is Now Gone I Will Never See Her Again

Im waiting for you! Where did you go? Since that day when the whole family was upset and crying, and you weren't there for our evening walk, Ive had an empty feeling inside me and all I want to do is find you. Now all I have are memories because you just aren't where you always used to be.
I remember how you and I would be the first ones up in the morning we would take our walk before all the other people and cars would wake up. You and me, the soft morning sunlight and a chorus of birds happily announcing the arrival of another new day thats how every day would start. Now I walk alone when the family lets me out.
Sometimes wed go one way, up the hill to the old cemetery under the broad, outstretched arms of the big White Pine trees. Some days youd pick the other way and down the road wed hike to Eddy Creek where I could swim and look for frogs. I never knew which way you were going to choose, you always made me guess and sometimes Id guess wrong and youd say, No. Were going this way today.
Those walks we took were our private times together. I got really excited before our walks because you always let me be myself. You let me run and follow the scent trails of other animals. You let me dig up things that smelled good. You let me carry sticks in my mouth just because it felt good. I think you knew how proud I was whenever I could prance about with a useless old stick in my mouth. Sometimes Id drop it at your feet and youd pretend you didnt know what to do with it. Youd tease me and ask, Whats this for? What do you want me to do with this ole stick? Id dance around and bark and crouch really low and youd say, Oh, I see and youd send it flying through the air for me to fetch.
You knew I especially liked it when youd throw a stick into Eddy Creek and Id have to do some fancy swimming to retrieve it before it was carried off around the bend. I liked Eddy Creek, even when youd tell me to lie down under the big willow tree for long naps while you worked your newest homemade trout fly across the waters surface. I liked those naps and you liked those smelly little trout wed take home for supper. I liked waiting for you back then because I always knew wed play again tomorrow. Where did you go? Im waiting for you!
Ever since that awful night so long ago when you didnt take me for our evening walk through the yard, everything has been so different and strange. Where did you go? The family lets me out the door now, early like when you and I use to have our walks, but now all I do is walk by myself up to the old cemetery. Ive given up visiting Eddy Creek in the morning. Its too quiet there and I dont see the little trout anymore. For a long time after you were gone I used to think I could still see you there at the water's edge with your teeth showing, your brown straw hat shading your eyes and your fly line looping over the water. Id be so happy to see you Id jump up and run to you but youd be gone when Id get to the creek. I think the birds have left too because I dont hear their happy songs celebrating the misty mornings like they used to when we were together.
The only place I feel like Im close to you, where I think I can still feel your hand on my head like I did when I sat next to your reading chair, is when I sit near the stone with your name on it. Thats the only place I feel close to you now, where it feels like you are close to me. But thats okay because I have lots to think about while Im waiting for you.
Sometimes I think back to my first day with our family. I was happy and afraid at the same time and very curious about my new surroundings that were to be my home. Everyone was busy rubbing my ears and patting my head, picking me up and clapping their hands to get my attention. Finally, I found you, quietly sitting in your chair reading. It looked safe there by your side, so I sat there, too. I felt your gentle hand rub my cheek and all you said was a soft Good dog. Then you said to the rest of the family, I think he just needs to rest now. From then on I always felt safe next to you. You are my true friend. Maybe thats why I spend every day here waiting for you.
I know youre here. I just dont know why we cant play anymore. Where did you go? Sometimes I hear myself whine and sigh because I miss you so much I wonder if you hear me. I cant see you or hear you or smell you, but you must be near because this is the only place I feel safe. So Ill keep coming here to be with you, Ill sit by the rock with your name on it and remember all the fun we had together. Deep inside me I know we will have more walks to take again someday. Well turn left at the road and hike down the hill to Eddy Creek. Youll patiently tie on your newest trout fly and Ill be lying under the willow tree watching you.
Until then, I promise you, with all the loyalty in my heart, Ill stay right here so you can find me. I'll be next to the rock with your name on it, waiting for you.

for my best friend gweenie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Dear Friends Today I Lost My Best Friend In The Wo

I am soo sorry for your loss.

Gweenie

Lauralie
Jesse male GSD (Born November 6, 2007) and 3 cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Jesse's photos from 8 weeks to present and videos too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 PM

that stinks! so sorry for your loss

"...I learned that for people who are called nomads they can actually get pretty angry." Sarah Silverman on Mongolians
"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"
Immanuel Kant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Knighted Member

Oh my - I too am So very sorry - I will say a special prayer for Dublin to meet her at the bridge and show her where all the good toys are kept.
May you find peace.
I am so So very sorry- I know your pain all too well.
RIP sweet Gweenie RIP

Kate
Dublin and Gracie (RIP)
Timer (RIP)

Guinness Tennessee Porch Hound

Roxie Shennannigan

RILEY

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Elite Member

I am SO sorry for your loss. We all know your pain and I know we all cry with you. One day we will all meet at the bridge and be running free together.

Just know that you shared a bond that only you can share together. Our hearts are with you in your time of rememberance.

A hug might be a small gesture but not to those who receive it.
President:

Jake-8 yr male GSD
Niko-9 yr male GSD Waiting at the bridge for us
Baylor-4 yr female GSD
Spaz-4.5yr Female BGSD Our foster failure LOL

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Crowned Member

Your tribute to gweenie is heartfelt. I shed a tear for you.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
R.I.P. sweet Gweenie

Sandra
Larka GSD 1/4/06 Palla GSD 7/16/06 Loki adopted 8/23/08
Badger,Miss Crabtree & Shafford, the kitty krew
Waiting at the bridge;Palla,Tucker,Chance, Brandy and Lacy. I'll miss you to the end of eternity, and love you twice as long.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Crowned Member

Very heartfelt story, I am so sorry for your loss.

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Crowned Member

i am so sorry to hear about you rloss
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Knighted Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Sharon, Mom to
SAR GSD's
Lexi CGC (Cert. area search)
Neko CGC (Cert. HRD)
Justice CGC (trailing),
BOLO, Bloodhound CGC(trailing)
Titan, Shilo Shepherd (beginning area search)
Kibby(Rodie mix)
Lil Bear and Izzy and Louie(Pom's)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Knighted Member

May All of your family find peace in the love that remains forever.

Sar K-9 Tasha (GSD)
Sar K-9 Kolby (GSD)
Sar K-9 Skye (GSD)
GSD's Frodo and Ilan
Retired Guide dog Sika
Retired Guide dog Seda (and ruler of my Pack)
Proud to be a Fidelco Volunteer Puppy Raiser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page