Tribute to Jean's Nina - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Tribute to Jean's Nina

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Remember Me </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>When you see a little piece of paper or cardboard that you swear wasn't there just a little while ago, that is me sharing my treasures with you.

When you see a pretty little piece of sparkle or pretty ribbon that you don't know how it got there, that is me.

When the sun is shinning so much that you have to squint your eyes, that is me saying hello.

When you see a beautiful butterfly floating around, that is me just checking if you want to play a little game.

When it is snowing and those flakes land on you, that is me giving kisses, especially to my dog pals when those snow flakes land right on your nose.

When you look up at the night sky and see that one star that is just a little brighter than the rest, what is me sharing some of my glitter collection.

Remember me this way. </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I will be checking on you from time to time, but I won't be there all the time. This girl is going to be busy meeting all these good looking doggies. Well gotta go there is one I just have to meet.
Loves Nina </span> </span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Tribute to Jean's Nina

Awww Val.... I'm so sorry. Nina looks so beautiful in that photo. What a great poem as well, it's very touching.

Rest in peace, Nina.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Master Member

O my goodness that was beautiful. I am crying. I am so sorry for your loss. she was so beautiful

Heidi-GSD- RIP
Dutchess-GSD RIP
Sadie-Lab-Silly girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jean. That is a beautiful poem and such a pretty picture. What a happy and beautiful girl.

Rest in peace Nina. You were obviously very much loved.

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Elite Member

Run free pretty girl! beautiful poem!
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Elite Member

Such beautiful words. Nina is beautiful. Much sympathy going out to you. Bless you Nina and have fun at the Bridge.
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Crowned Member

So sorry Jean. No doubt you gave her a wonderful life. RIP Nina

Mom to:

Quiki vom Dreieck
aka Maya, TDI ~TC ~ CGC ~ TD ~ UDT

Fenja von Wolfstraum
aka Heidi, TDI ~ CGC ~ CD ~ BH

Gass Moravia Artex
aka Chico, BH ~ AD ~ SchH3

RIP- Roxy, Boone & King
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Crowned Member

that is beautiful
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you Val.

Isn't it beautiful-I love it.

Nina would take tiny little pieces of paper or cardboard and hide them in her bed. When anyone would walk by she would come out of the door to yell at them. It would take me forever to find the treasure she was hiding. Once it was a teeny star from 4th of July garland.

Thank you all again. It has been a shocking week and a half to be sure. One that was made easier by everyone's help and support and love for Nina.

She was a wonderful dog, a perfect fit here. She waited for me to come back to Cornell and get her, and then she knew she could let go. Her final gifts were so sweet-a wagging tail and pulling to get to the car, a final burger, de-eyeing her pig, and in her final time with me, looking for me when I would move away, and letting me know it was time to let her leave us.

post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Crowned Member

Oh Jean I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't followed Nina's story b/c of our Golden & her issue. You have helped & gave me great advice with that issue & I thank you for taking time to do so when dealing with your own issues.

I didn't know Nina was that bad until seeing this post. I'm in tears right now as I type & feel deeply for your loss. I feel soon I will have to face that dreaded deed with our Golden. This will be the first dog I have ever lost. She is our first dog, & then the GS's came about.

I hate this part of having pets .............

My thoughts are with you at this hard time.

Nina you pretty black beauty (love them blacks) run free.........

~Jen~

Sable~ GSD NJP, OJP, NAP, NAJ, NA, TN-N, NAC, NJC, CGC
Shadow~ BGSD *Adopted* RN, CGC
Storm~ GSD RA, TN-N, CGC
Skyrah~ GSD, CGC

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page