German Shepherds Forum banner

Saying goodbye to Isaiah

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Shane'sDad 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow... Just read your Facebook post. Isaiah... amazing and sent from above to you. I was also with my Lou as her heart stopped, I know the pain... I am so glad that you and Isaiah had each other and found each other. I didn't have a physical disability but I honestly feel that in her later years Lulu saved me mentally in some ways when I felt so desperate and alone. I think they are sent to us and is hard for many to understand just what a huge impact they had in our lives. More than a service, more than a dog, angels in fur. God bless you and I truly believe you and Isaiah will be reunited again beyond the rainbow bridge just like me and my Lou.

#3 ·
I’m glad you had your Lou. I believe like you do that Isaiah and I will see each other again. I’m sure your Lou found ways to support her human. It seems to be in a GSD’s DNA to serve, to size up the situation and step in. Going forward is a hard road. My sister came yesterday and said “the house feels so empty without Isaiah.” It’s true. Everywhere I look is somewhere Isaiah should be. You and I have been blessed to have these gifts in our lives. Thank you for the kind words.

#4 ·
That is a beautiful tribute to a special dog. I’m sad for you and also happy you had such a wonderful companion and guide for so many years. I laughed at the psycho part. We need to share your story with everyone who gets a puppy and wonders why they are so crazy and if they will ever settle down. Yes, they will and they do. I love his name and the reason you chose it.

#7 ·
Thank you so much for the kind words. I need the support for myself. But, part of the reason I posted was for all those who ask for help with their wild child can’t-make-me puppies. So many people saw us working and said they wanted a GSD just like Isaiah. I know they did...but the finished Isaiah. I would just smile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.