Goodbye Babsy, Dear Heart, Great Heart, Sweet Heart - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Goodbye Babsy, Dear Heart, Great Heart, Sweet Heart

Oh Babsy,

If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat.

I might have eeked out those few more months if I kept you at your ideal weight, but then I wouldn't have been able to watch your eyes roll back when I gave you a buttery brussel sprout, or orange slice, or anything I was eating.

I feel good that I seemed to get the timing right. She lost her mobility on Sunday, so we waited until Monday, but otherwise it was not early and it was not late. If I kept her going longer, it would have been selfish and she would have suffered needlessly. If I brought her in and put her down earlier, I would have taken her when she still had joy of life in her. So somehow I managed to nail that right time.

In the book Farmer Boy, a tinker/tin-peddler came to sell his wares one day, and it was said of him that he could sing more songs and tell more stories than any crowd of men. That is how I feel about Babsy. I have a treasure trove of stories, memories of Babsy -- all of them good. I could go story for story against anyone. She was that special. We had fun together. We worked together. We helped raise children together. We relaxed together, we ate together, we both hated exercise together, we showed together.

She gave me her best. She gave me everything. I told her today that I wouldn't trade her for a hundred million dollars, not even today. Not for money. What a great ride. It was a sad day, but I know that she is in a better place now. I thought when I was in there at the vet's with her, that this is how it ought to be, a dog that is very advanced in years, who has been loved her entire life, and who loves and trusts me.

Ah well, Good bye to another heart-dog. People say you are lucky if you get just one heart dog. I've had Arwen and Jenna, and Babsy and Quinnie. It will be hard for the current crew to top that group. They are like in the Hall of Fame. Quinnie made such an impact in so short a time. Babsy made that impact every day of over 13 years. I am going to miss her.

Thanks for listening.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:37 AM

We are sad for and with you yet again… 💐
selzer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Miika and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiisa's Mom

BlueBelle and Beau (sister cats) and 3 Arabians
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:53 AM
Crowned Member

SO very sorry for this second loss in such a short time.
My heart goes out to you.

Moms
selzer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:51 AM
Elite Member

My deepest sympathies, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, but how wonderful you getting the timing right. It seems to me you gave your best to Babsy.
selzer likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Crowned Member

So sad to hear about Babsy. May she visit your often in your dreams.
selzer likes this.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:20 AM
Elite Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog.
selzer likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Knighted Member

Oh Sue, I am so very sorry. I'm glad you were with her when she passed. She was with the one she loved.
selzer likes this.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Elite Member

On such a sad day, you have found the strength to pass through the sadness and celebrate her life. What an amazing testament.

My deepest sympathy.
selzer and car2ner like this.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:36 PM

a wonderful memorial
selzer likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Knighted Member

Sorry to hear about Babsy's passing Sue! But 13+ yrs is a good thing, and I'm sure she appreciated the goodies over a strict diet! RIP Babsy!
selzer likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page