My Lulu is gone... still can't believe it... - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss. They definitely take a big piece of our heart with them, but they do leave so many beautiful memories. I hope with time these memories your shared with your sweet girl help ease your broken heart. RIP Lulu.
StarryNite likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 11:52 AM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

I remember you from many years ago, I'm so sorry. We lost two dogs in a row at 4 years old. Even though at the time we thought we'd never love another dog as much as the ones we lost, somehow we do.

Dena was the perfect dog like your Lulu. Losing her so young was devastating. A few months later we got Halo, and we are now losing her to DM at 9-1/2. We love her just as fiercely as we loved Dena and her loss is going to be every bit as hard. We still have Dena's half brother Keefer who will be 13 in August. He may not be with us much longer either but for now he's here and he's happy so we're going to enjoy however much time he has left. And we have a new 5 month old puppy who is already worming her way into our hearts.

It is hard to compare a new dog to one that is gone, and some of that I think is inevitable. But each of our dogs have been such individuals that we end up loving them for what they are, and not dwelling on all the ways they're different from previous dogs that we've loved. If/when you think you might be ready for another dog I hope you don't let that concern deter you.
StarryNite likes this.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18 *** Keefer 8/25/05
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you all so much for the kind words. They are deeply appreciated and very wise. It is still so hard to come home and not have my bouncy Lou waiting for me and putting her head in my lap *UGH*. I know it will take time and I am so so very sorry for all of your losses. I know all breeds of dogs are special and amazing, but GSD's, something about them... they grab your heart and never let go and have such an incredible, gentle and wise spirit. Lulu was so incredibly loving and wise and the best friend I have ever had. I know she can't be replaced but one day I am sure I will find another friend, maybe with a rescue this time.

Cassidy's Mom, I remember you very well, and the photos next to your name! Such beauties! I am so very sorry for your losses, heartbreaking... I just can't imagine going through it over and over again... Thank you so much for your kind words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 10:33 AM

Sorry for your loss. I also am in deep sorrow as for losing my Bently at 6 yrs 6/13/18. I.ve been thru this many years ago and I forgot how much it sucks. Just remember the good times you've had. I'm sure our pups are still watching over us. It will get easier over time, just can't say how long. My heart goes out to you and your family.
This members in this forum show incredible support.
StarryNite likes this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have lots of friends and family around you who understand.
StarryNite likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:55 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet girl Lulu. Losing any beloved four legged family member is hard but then there are the heart dogs. I lost mine two years ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care
Maggi
StarryNite likes this.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

It has been a year, I wanted time to grieve and heal a bit before adding a new baby to our family. I will never forget my Lulu, she will always be my HEART. I went on a year waiting list to give myself some time and the day came last weekend. meet our newest family member. Tala Lili. She is already so smart and going to the door to go potty. My daughter has been amazing with her and her training. She just signed up for an account here so you will see her around!
Attached Images

~Lisa

Maya, my little human, 15 years old
Tala, White GSD born Feb 28 2019
Lulu, Black GSD,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R.I.P. went to the Rainbow Bridge May, 2018
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Knighted Member

Congratulations! Hopefully she will help you all heal as time goes on. She's such a cuty!
StarryNite likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:36 AM
Crowned Member

Congratulations on your new buddy. I am glad she found such a great home.
StarryNite likes this.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 AM

Our next dog stands on the pedestal of happy memories from our past dog. Then they start building their own monument our of the loving goofy moments. Lovely pup.
StarryNite likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page