Good bye my "one with power", Miss Vala - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Good bye my "one with power", Miss Vala

Balien zu Treuen Händen SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT
SG Belschik von Eicken-Bruche SchH3 IPO3 FH1 (WUSV, BSP) X Burgos' Unika SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT
July 14, 2004 - October 30, 2017

Vala was the result of an opportunity that came along at the right time when her sire became available for breeding for a reduced stud fee and a side by side AI. She was the first puppy born, came out with a set of lungs and an appetite that never wavered. She was the blue collar puppy and was always attached to mom eating so I dubbed her the “blue tick” after the cartoon of the same name. I remember at one point she was so fat that I worried she would become a swimmer puppy so I would put her on her side and stuff her under the pig rails in the whelping box so she would not always sleep on her stomach.

Vala was a tremendously possessive young dog, with full genetic grips and tremendous tracking ability. She was also a super compliant dog and very easy to train. She was not the most athletic dog I have ever worked tending to have more drive than brains when it came to jumping. She, though, had a huge heart and even at the end still was ready to chase her ball and give me ‘tude about outing. She was a super easy house dog with rock solid nerves that treated our trip to Germany as just another day in her life.

Vala’s name is from the languages of J. R.R Tolkien. Vala is from the elfish language Quenya and means “one with power”. Her registered name, Balien, is a feminized version of Balan which also means “one with power” but in the elfish language of Sindarin.

Vala was the dam of my C, D and E litters resulting in 16 puppies. She produced 8 titled dogs, with one retiring to become an SD and diabetic alert dog. She also produced 1 accelerant detection canine, 1 narcotics dog, 1 explosives dog, 1 trailing/security dog, 1 PPD and 3 in active pet homes.

Vala was my heart dog and I am glad I have her 2 daughters, Deja and Elena, and her granddaughter, LB (Firien) to keep her memory going. She was last of my Nike kids and the last dog that was alive when my husband was still alive. It truly is the end of an era and she is greatly missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vala FH2 (7).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	456282  
Attached Images

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Crowned Member

So sorry for your loss. Losing an end of an era is even harder.

If you need equipment to maintain control of your dog, understand you’re hanging on to your dog’s body because you’ve lost his mind!

Suzanne Clothier
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Elite Member

She was an extraordinary and beautiful shepherd. I'm sorry for your loss!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Elite Member

So sorry to hear about your Vala.... Beautiful photos it looks as if she lived a long and fulfilling life! What an amazing lineage she has produced too; her heart will live on!
Sending our condolences, Tolkiens Gandalf You Shall Not Pass! over here in FL...
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Administrator

What a beautiful girl, and what a life she lived. Peace for you, Lisa.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Knighted Member

Sorry for your loss Lisa. What a beautiful eulogy...

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned

Sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful girl.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Knighted Member

I’m so sorry for your loss, Lisa.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Elite Member

Wonderful memories and accomplishments! My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Crowned Member

Ohhhhh, I am SO sorry!

What a beautiful, talented girl and what a great life she had with you!

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page