Without Sage. A year later. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Without Sage. A year later.

It was a year ago, yesterday, that I lost my Sage. I don't know where that year went. I just seems impossible that she's gone, and for so long. I miss her every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. You'd think it would get easier, but it hasn't gotten easier at all. I have two wonderful GSDs here at home, and I love them, but it's not the same. They aren't Sage.

It seems so unfair that I lost her to such a painful, random infection, and at barely 5 years old. How do you get past this? How do you stop saying every day "I want her back. I want my dog back"? I guess that tells you how special she was.

selzer, jarn, charger and 12 others like this.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015

Last edited by dogfaeries; 07-24-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 PM

I've lost two dogs I loved with all my heart and soul. My yellow lab, to cancer, at 9 1/2 years. My Siberian Husky at 4 years because she was intolerant of babies when I had my daughter. Not a decision I took lightly. I think of both of my dogs often, certain songs I listened to as I lost them stick with me. I see my lab in my dreams from time to time. It's been almost three years since I gave away my husky and I got my GSD to help patch the hole in my heart. I am so sorry. Dogs leave an imprint on our hearts forever... The love we have for them is one of the most amazing parts of having one, but it makes them hard to lose.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 11:01 PM

I don't think you ever get over it.You just find some way to deal with it and carry on.I feel a little panicky whenever I think about losing my current dogs.Don't want to go through it again.I sincerely hope it does get easier for you as time goes on.RIP beautiful Sage.
charger, Susan_GSD_mom and Irie like this.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Knighted Member

Such a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry. I know it's trite but only time lessens the pain.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 AM
Crowned Member

OMG, that is so tough. I know how you feel and it aches to even think about it. I lost my heart dog about 4 years ago and I miss him every day. If I could pluck one from Heaven I would pick him. All others I have mourned but got over it at some point and they have left me sweet memories. But my one in a life time one, not at all. Sometimes I say his name out loud and it's like he is still here.
I think it will always be like this for me. You will learn to live with this loss but never really get over it. Sage was beautiful, what a sweet feminine face. Sending warm thoughts your way.
dogfaeries, maxtmill and Irie like this.
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 AM
Banned

I am so sorry your still suffering, no one can judge your pain ... and I fully understand that depending on circumstances ... that pain can linger for a very, very long time!

Unfortunately Dogs aren't aren't Turtles or Parrots and they are unable to follow us all the way on life's journey. They drop by the way side and some unfortunately much sooner than they should.

You just have to accept that sometimes life is unfair and go on, but the dogs' we've lost on life's journey and many of them way., way to soon will "always" be in our hearts.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 05:30 AM
Elite Member

I am sorry you are still grieving so hard, but everyone and every dog is different. I lost my special heart dog suddenly and without warning at age 5. I was devastated, and I still miss him.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Crowned Member

There will only be one Sage that is how special she is. They are all different as they should be. As much as you feel you will not have another heart dog -you will. It takes time for the heart to heal and open back up. Sage will help find what you are looking for - believe you me.
wolfy dog likes this.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Knighted Member

She was a beautiful, special girl. It's such a shock to lose a young dog; there's no time to prepare yourself at all.

I completely understand. I lost my old man dog in November and I still get teary eyed thinking about him. I had time to prepare as he was almost 16, but it's. not. easy. It shouldn't be for our heart dogs.
charger likes this.

Xan Varik von Fernheim (born 4/3/13)
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
OMG, that is so tough. I know how you feel and it aches to even think about it. I lost my heart dog about 4 years ago and I miss him every day. If I could pluck one from Heaven I would pick him. All others I have mourned but got over it at some point and they have left me sweet memories. But my one in a life time one, not at all. Sometimes I say his name out loud and it's like he is still here.
I think it will always be like this for me. You will learn to live with this loss but never really get over it. Sage was beautiful, what a sweet feminine face. Sending warm thoughts your way.
I know how you feel ,that's the same way I feel about my Charger.

CHARGER,May, 27, 2004-Feb.2, 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZEUS, 2003-2013

SAWYER, 2015-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page