In Memory of Rambo... who was born today. 1994 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By johnpatrick
  • 2 Post By Stevenzachsmom

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

In Memory of Rambo... who was born today. 1994

In Memory of "Rambo" who was born on this day, 1994. And passed in 2002.

My wife and I once owned a champion of Black Shepherds... a truly powerful and strong willed creature who was a massive force of an animal with equal love and dedication... Rambo grew to 120 lbs by his 6th year. I used to have to use a double arm wrapped grip with a steel chain leash to restrain him when there was somewhere he wanted to go, and Im 250+. People and other dogs would part the sidewalk like the Red Sea when Rambo came pulling me behind him.

My wife and I did not have children yet, and Rambo was our first. He died young one hot summer afternoon after being outside with us all day.... we thought it was too hot, so we brought him inside to air conditioning and found him at the foot of our bed the following morning.

This past September, we said goodbye to "Ceasar" our second Shepherd who we had put to sleep due to chronic hip displacia and arthitis . A Gorgeous Sable. Son of "Jag" The state fair winner in Pennsylvania. I'll save another post for Ceasar.

This Saturday we are bringing home "Troy"... a Magificent large Black Shepherd puppy. I can tell he's going to be a strong dog by the huge size of his paws. Hes all big paws and a little body with a big massive head.

This is only my second post here and they wont allow me to post pictures.... but I will as soon as I am able.

John Patrick.
Jupiter_0203 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Crowned Member

What a beautiful tribute to Rambo! May the memories comfort you. Best wishes with your new pup, Troy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Master Member

You will remember him forever. A lovely tribute. He must have been magnificent. I would love to see the pics when you can post them.

SONIC (Potcake+BC) DOB JL 2014, Mine Jan 12 2016

Cats: Riker, Simba, Batman
Angels: Dynamo GSD, Zandor GSD Mix, Misha GSD
Me: Artist, geeked out on dog training
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

I remember waking up to my wife screaming. She was hysterical. I had to get her out of the house and run as fast as I could to her brothers house to get him to help me with the remains. I'll never forget that morning. We didnt have kids yet, and this was her 'first' baby.

A german shepherd is a one of a kind breed. any shepherd owner can tell you. Besides the usual emotional bond we have with our pets, with German Shepherds there is a personal, intellectual bond. They literally fill a role in the family. They literally can tell if you are happy or sad or If you are in trouble and need help. They love our kids... they guard them. They watch out for us in public. They are always aware and on duty.

Its no wonder every time we suffer the loss that we seek out another.

I shed a tear as I write this, but Im smiling again because a new chapter starts on Saturday with little Troy:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

I remember waking up to my wife screaming. She was hysterical. I had to get her out of the house and run as fast as I could to her brothers house to get him to help me with the remains. I'll never forget that morning. We didnt have kids yet, and this was her 'first' baby.

A german shepherd is a one of a kind breed. any shepherd owner can tell you. Besides the usual emotional bond we have with our pets, with German Shepherds there is a personal, intellectual bond. They literally fill a role in the family. They literally can tell if you are happy or sad or If you are in trouble and need help. They love our kids... they guard them. They watch out for us in public. They are always aware and on duty.

Its no wonder every time we suffer the loss that we seek out another.

I shed a tear as I write this, but Im smiling again inside because a new chapter starts on Saturday with little Troy:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 02:04 PM

Sorry for your loss
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Crowned Member

Remembering Rambo is a great way to welcome a new GSD. Your first is always so special. He sounds like a great pup. Forever would not be long enough. Enjoy Troy. I believe the ones who have passed on watch over us still so I'm sure Rambo is watching.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom View Post
Remembering Rambo is a great way to welcome a new GSD. Your first is always so special. He sounds like a great pup. Forever would not be long enough. Enjoy Troy. I believe the ones who have passed on watch over us still so I'm sure Rambo is watching.
you just got trolled by a thread bumper for post count. congrats.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfish View Post
you just got trolled by a thread bumper for post count. congrats.
Yeah, it's a real shame 'Walter Mitty' is getting a kick out of bumping these threads. To bump threads of peoples' sadness, grief and despair is pretty low.
misfits and scarfish like this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page