Thank you Lucky for being with us - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thank you Lucky for being with us

As most of you know we lost Lucky 11 days ago. It was obvious that he was getting weaker and losing more weight. He still loved people food but was falling a lot and was often unable to get himself up without someone there to help. We made the decision Saturday morning after he was up most of the night . I slept with hi downstairs and he couldn't get comfortable. Spent all of his last 72 hours with him w/ the exception of the 2 hours I ran to the store to buy more rugs. our vet called on Saturday but I missed the call and then we talked on Sunday and she said she listened to my three messages in succession and she agreed it was time. Lucky got pasta on Friday, steak on sat and pasta again on Sunday. He got his doggy Sundae from DQ from our son and I got him Chicken Tenders on Monday. Yes those were his favorites. I couldn't take him for a tractor ride he was too weak and pain filled but we slept together for the final night my hand on him as often as it could be. Our vet who Lucky would bark and chase whenever she mowed her field next to our fence talked about Lucky's size and bark and how he would still surprise her even though she was looking for him. Lucky growled the whole time our friend was there and we gave extra pain meds before she came . I am so grateful to her for everything she has done for us. Lucky left us from his bed in our sunroom. It is the end of an era I don't have Daisy or Lucky anymore. I've been trying to write this for the past week but I read my name and my signature and realize my pups ,Daisy and Lucky ,the girls are all gone.
Lucky thank you for being my traveling companion ,my hiking partner and my all around ever present friend. I miss you more than I can find words to express. you were my last link w/ Daisy. I hope the two of you are together and she is probably telling you about her plans to run the joint. Tell her I love and miss her.I know Chevy and Thunder were not your favorites but tell them I miss their cuddles. I have to stop now b/c I'm in tears but I cant do this at home as I either go outside or read so I don't have to deal with how much I miss you. You were and are my heart. Thank you for loving me.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:18 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words that could come close to comforting your but you are in my thoughts and prayers.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Knighted Member

What a nice tribute to your Lucky. I am so sorry, hugs to you.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM

Sorry for your loss...I am still going through a similar process, best wishes for you.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Crowned Member

This makes me so sad. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Lucky was very much loved by you and he knew that. I hope Charlie can help heal your heart.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:01 AM
Crowned Member

Big hugs to you, they were all lucky to be part of your family

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Master Member

So sorry for your loss. Daisy and Lucky were obviously very well loved and cared for all the way up to their last moment. It's so hard to lose family members. I wish you peace.

Warm regards,

Michael

Linus van Pelt Haus Juris CGC. My Sweet Babboo, born March 17, 2014.

Madeline Ronan Heart (Maddie) Dec 1997 -- November 22, 2013 Rescue GSD, Sable
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:52 AM
Crowned Member

I am so very very sorry for your loss. Run free at the bridge Lucky! ((HUGS))

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thank you everybody. Its been a difficult year. Charlie is calmer now and spends her evenings checking on me and my husband spending time with each of us. Thank you for sharing my journey with Lucky through this forum. I appreciate it.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Knighted Member

I am sitting here on break at work with tears rolling down my face. I am so very sorry. I know you will miss Lucky but I do believe you will see him and all your pups again one day. Try to think of him now with no more pain and suffering, just running free and happy and playing. Hold your memories close till you see him again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page