Goodbye, Cooper - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Goodbye, Cooper

Cooper only lived with me for a week, but I loved him. He had terrible DM and wasn't able to move the lower half of his body. He was depressed after losing his mom and his home. He stopped eating and drinking. Thursday morning I noticed he could barely move his front legs.

I took him in to the vet (the same vet his mom had been taking him to all his life) and they said he was in bad shape. The decision was made that Cooper would go see his momma in heaven.

I have always said that dogs are psychic. They know what we are thinking and feeling, and they know what's happening. I told Cooper he would be seeing his mom in a few minutes, his whole demeanor changed. He was happy. He knew. I'm telling you, he knew. And when his soul slipped away, I felt him. I have said goodbye to lots of animals but this is the first time I have felt it like this.

I miss him. He was a good sweet boy. I hope I get to meet him again someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Crowned Member

I believe they know. How is the other one doing? Did they get to go say good bye to his mom? Well now Cooper is back with her where he wanted to be.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

They were by her side when she passed away. I think that's so good for them, to know that she's gone rather than feel abandoned. The other dog, Tiki, is doing fantastic. I really think Cooper hung around just long enough to help his mom over the bridge and then help Tiki get acclimated here.

Tiki is a LOVE. he is so sweet and friendly and wonderful. Despite his age, he has been playing and wrestling with the other dogs. I made sure he got to see Cooper when I brought him home, to say goodbye, and Tiki and Ruger (my young GSD) helped as we buried him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
I believe they know. How is the other one doing? Did they get to go say good bye to his mom? Well now Cooper is back with her where he wanted to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Knighted Member

Oh, sweet boy, I hope it is all better for him now.
Sheilah
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Knighted Member

Poor sweet boy. I hope he's healthy and running free now beside his mom. RIP, Cooper.

I think you will see him again one day, too, Ruger, they know the ones that love them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Elite Member

It isn't often that the human is waiting on the other side for her best friend. The reunion must have been so joyful.

You have done an amazing thing for these two and their mom.

The epitome of kindness and love right from the beginning.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 02:50 PM

Thank you so much for being what they need for you to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page