Not Sure What Happened? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Not Sure What Happened?

It has been about seven weeks since I had euthanized my Sold Black GSD.
Confused, I'm not sure what happened. I have always believed in God, I even attended Sunday School.
My boy was only eight, good and healthy. He would rock it during ball play.
Barely showing his age.
It was the day before Thanksgiving and I needed to pick up a few things at the local grocery.
Rambo loved riding, it was his Truck.
We raced to the Truck and he beat me as usual, and off to the store we go.
He was sitting up on the passenger side looking straight ahead while I was petting his back.
I put on the Brakes to slow down to a Red Light and said "Hey Rambo we are at the Store"
He looked over at me when I heard this Extremely Loud Voice in my head Shout out ""Kill Me I Am Dying""
I almost hit the freaking Gas and rear ended the vehicle in front of me.
All these questions were running in my head. What? Where? How? Rambo buddy are you Ok?
On the way home I am now petting the heck out of Rambo.
We get in the house where I was feeling so Weird about this, so Strange, that I had to tell my wife what had happened.
Yes, she thought I was a little strange and said that Rambo is fine he has a lot of years left. (She actually works for a Veterinarian).
Thanksgiving came and went, everything with Rambo was fine.
The following Thursday he didn't want his Breakfast.
On Friday he ate a handful of Food, then had a hard time sleeping that night. He sleeps in our Bedroom. He was up and down several times that night.
Saturday the exact same Scenario.
Sunday night he would lay down, make a little Yelp, then get right back up.
On Monday am he was gurgling in his breathing and had lost his balance getting up to walk once.
At this point I am crying my eyes out telling my Wife he's dying, he's dying. I'm walking in circles crying and saying to mysel Wtf, Wtf, is happening? Less than ten days after that ride in the Truck.
My Wife brought him directly to her Practice that Monday morning and did X-rays and Blood work.
Three hours later my Wife phones crying. You need to come here to say your good-byes.
His Blood work came back positive for Cancer. X-rays showed a Tumor had looked to had burst around his spleen.
Talk about Strange...
What happened? Where did that voice come from that day? I have no Answers..Guilt, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Knighted Member

Sorry to hear about Rambo.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Crowned Member

Hemangiosarcoma is such a silent, quick killer. I am sorry for your loss. Maybe Rambo's expression pierced your soul on that truck ride.
I lost Kacie the same way, though it was a few weeks of going off food every so often, me coaxing her to eat. Her dentition was horrible so I thought maybe it was her teeth giving her pain when she chewed. Other than that, she acted fine. We did xrays, and I spent several hours with her during that time, just massaging, petting and quietly being with her. The next day the vet wanted to do exporatory surgery due to the shadowing near her spleen. They found she was full of cancer and we made the decision to let her go right then.

I am so sorry for your loss, there is no reason to feel guilty. There is too little time to treat after it is discovered, and seldom do dogs recover from it. Run free, Rambo

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Crowned Member

I am very sorry for your loss!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 AM

What a sad but interesting story. I'm sorry for your loss. I bet it is hard for you to even ride in the truck now. I hope you remember many happy memories to help you smile through the tears.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Elite Member

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Rambo.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 PM

I am so sorry about your loss. I still struggle with the loss of my baby. Sometimes that looks is all they give us, is that look when they are struggling on the inside. When Meisha passed it was crazy because the day night before she was fine, eating treats, and chasing the cats and the next morning unable to walk and not eating. She passed 4 weeks before my wedding. My biggest concern before the wedding who will take care of my princess, not the wedding. Nothing was wrong but arthritis. It was like she knew and didn't want to do it while we were gone for 2 weeks. I never wanted to let her suffer. She also had hemangiosarcoma in her spleen and heart. Not very big but there, enough I should have had up to 6 months with her. I got 24 hours.
it was like she knew and did what was best. Crazy I know but sometimes we can't explain what goes on with them in the end, they take the reigns for us when we can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 02:47 PM
JRC

So sorry for your loss.i went through this in May
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 04:26 AM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to NormanF Send a message via Yahoo to NormanF Send a message via Skype™ to NormanF
I lost my black GSD last week!

Sorry for your loss.

A week later, the grief of ache is fading, being replaced by the love and warmth of my feelings for my late girl.

They will accompany me for the rest of my life.

I know the guilt over Rambo's death gnaws away at you. When you lose your dog suddenly, there are no good answers.

We all wish we could have done more. I wanted it to be like that for Cubby.

God calls a loved one home and we must heed his will, its for the best.

And for me, there are no good-byes; love is forever. Our faith and our love sustains us.

Rambo would have appreciated it. And so does my dog.

They're peace over the Rainbow Bridge and its merely a temporary parting of dear friends.

Remain blessed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page