RIP Harley - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Unhappy RIP Harley

Harley wasn't a GSD but a kitty they loved tormenting a GSD(Midnite). From the day Midnite came home Harley decided not to like him and it drove Midnite nuts. Harley didn't back down and continued doing whatever he wanted. Harley was around for a short 8.5 years and loved dearly by the whole family. He started out as my nephews kitten and then I took him into my home. He ended up being close to my son. He would meow at his door until he pet him or let him in. He was kinda depressed when my son went to college but got so excited when he came home. He was a healthy cat, he never had to go to the vet for anything. He didn't lose any weight, he was eating, drinking, and playing as of this morning. I came home from work and did my usual evening routine. I fed the dogs and was going over some spreadsheets in the kitchen when I heard a weird bark from Midnite. I said don't bark at the cat(Midnite always barks at them) but Midnite was acting weird this time. He came running to me, cried and went back by the gate. I tell Midnite let it go(he can be persistent) then I noticed he was moving the gate and had his nose to the ground crying. It was odd so I proceeded carefully, I seen the cat and thought it was odd for him to be there. I will never forget seeing him there not breathing. At first I couldn't move, Midnite was crying and nudging me and the cat-I couldn't move. I called the vet and they were closing but stayed open for me to drop off my Harley I called my son and he wasn't happy. He said mom I know he can't hear you but tell him I love him...I can't stop crying. It looks like something was wrong with him and he was trying to come downstairs for help and collapsed. I'm still in shock and my heart hurts. I'm amazed that in the end it was Midnite that found him and knew something was wrong and came and got me. I always thought they hated each other but it seems that Midnite really did care. Run free Harley, you will be missed and always loved

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:14 PM

i am so sorry, Lisa :-(

Tina/Mama

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo~5/22/14~ GSD Love of my Life pup
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shane, 2001-2017, Gentle-Soul, Black GSD,

Jake, 2000-2013, Rhodesian Ridgeback (soul-mate pup)

Mike, 2008-2014, GSD, Gentle Giant
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Crowned Member

So sorry.

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Crowned Member

I'm sorry. It's hard to lose critters. Midnight was smart to come and get you. It is too bad that nothing could be done, but sometimes that just is how it is. It doesn't make it any easier though.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Crowned Member

So sorry for your loss. Run free Harley!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM

So sorry Lisa,RIP Harley��

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thank you everyone. Sleep isn't going to come to soon here. I've always said Midnite was a great dog, but after seeing what he did tonite I see him in a whole new light. He is truly a special dog

Here is my Harley

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD

Last edited by llombardo; 10-01-2015 at 11:02 PM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Elite Member

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something more I could do to help ease the pain. Having seeing pics of your kitty room and knowing how dedicated to your pets you are, I have no doubt Harley lived an exceptional and well lived life with you.

Kate

Cafall vom Heinolf (GSD)
Efa vom Strafford Hall (GSD)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

I am so sorry for your loss. Kitty's have an amazingly frustrating way of hiding illness until it's too late.

I glad Midnight alerted you to Harley's distress.

May he rest in peace.

"So that others may live"

Hannah vom Steffenhaus, BH, Wilderness SAR
Eisenhower v.d Polizei "Ike" Wilderness SAR, CGC
B'Lena z. Treuenhanden
Nixon vom Banach, RATN
Phoster, FEMA USAR(Labrador)
Ch. Pennywise Sticky Wicket(Dandie Dinmont Terrier)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Harley was a very handsome guy. RIP Harley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page