In Loving Memory of Rambo - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

In Loving Memory of Rambo

I struggle to start this post because I want so much to make this about sharing the amazing love, joy, laugher, and companionship that Rambo brought into our lives...and not make this about the sorrow of his passing. I struggle because right now we are so deep in our grief of losing him, that I don't want to do a disservice to Rambo and forget to focus on what an amazing boy he was. I don't want the last month to overshadow the last five years. So please bear with me as I work through my sorrow to share with you about our Rambo.

It was just 5 years ago that we brought this wiggly, goofy 6 month old puppy home. I was so worried about how he would fit into our family with a 2 year old GSD, 2 cats, and a 9 month old baby. I should have known from day one that not only would Rambo fit in...he would become so central to our family that his passing leaves a gaping hole where he should be.

Simply put, my children adored Rambo. He was their "Bobo"...a playmate, a friend, a protector, a troublemaker, a snuggle buddy and everything a young kid wishes for in a dog. He taught my older 2 how to walk because they would hang on his fluffy scruffy neck and this wild puppy would move at a snails pace so my children could learn to take their first steps. When they got older he was outside with them everyday...playing in mud piles, eating their soccer balls, swimming in the pool, and having adventures only they know about. At night, he was their pillow to rest on and their protector from the dark. He walked with them through dark hallways because Rambo made my kids brave. Where there was fun and laughter, you would find Bobo right at the center of it. He encompassed everything I would want in a best friend for my kids. And as much as my children loved him, I know Rambo loved them just as much.

Our girl Lily is grieving her best friend as well. So different in some ways...but their love for each other and our family made them the best of friends. He adored her in the way that only an annoying little brother can...and she adored him because you can't help but fall in love with him.

And some of my favorites of my Rambo from over the years.

Our last Christmas card together

And one of the last pictures I took of Rambo in his final days. I was blessed to have this boy in my life...not just for my children, but for the daily laughs and snuggles he gave me. He was so much rolled into one package...serious and silly, goofy and strong, loving and wild...it all just made him our Bobo.

You are missed Bobo; more than I can put into words.

Kristin

GSD's:
Lily 10/31/07
Thor 10/27/15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rambo 7/27/09 - 2/26/15
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and the kitties, Oreo & Nikko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Crowned Member

What a beautiful tribute to so much more than a dog....so sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful member of your family. Celebrating Rambo's contribution to your family makes such sense as he was obviously a huge part of it. Thanks for taking the time to share. I'll feel sad if you don't mind even though you posted " and not make this about the sorrow of his passing."...

SuperG
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 PM
The "I'm not dead yet" Administrator.

What a beautiful tribute to a very special dog. RIP Bobo.

"So that others may live"

Hannah vom Steffenhaus, BH, Wilderness SAR
Eisenhower v.d Polizei "Ike" Wilderness SAR, CGC
B'Lena z. Treuenhanden
Nixon vom Banach, RATN
Phoster, FEMA USAR(Labrador)
Ch. Pennywise Sticky Wicket(Dandie Dinmont Terrier)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 PM

Kristen,
I don't know any human being who deserves (or would receive) such an incredible eulogy! What an amazing creature. Rambo's eyes were "soulful" and his spirit was gentle. He was a gift to you and your family….you guys must be pretty awesome to have been blessed with such an incredible animal to walk beside you. So sorry for your pain but you know Rambo is walking in peace and waiting to reconnect with you and your family.

Trapper and Hawkeye GSD 6/29/14
RC and Moonpie (cats) ~ March, 1996
Tammy -mom to all
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Crowned Member

What a great dog Rambo was! Rest in Peace Handsome boy...

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Wow I'm lost for words,such a Loveing Boy.
My thoughts are with you.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Knighted Member

I am in tears right now. What a beautiful tribute to such a wonderful dog. I am so sorry for the loss of your boy. I'm sure he will never be forgotten.

Dexter Bartolomeo -GSD (approx 3 1/2 years)
Fluffy Cornelius - Maltipoo rescue (approx 8yrs)
Squeezette Antoinette- Shih Tzu (17 yrs)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Crowned Member

Oh Kris -- What a shock! I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Take good care.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Banned

So sorry, we all understand how much it hurts! RIP Rambo
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 AM
Elite Member

Such a beautiful tribute to your sweet boy. The pictures you shared are beautiful and show just how much Rambo was a very special part of your family. My thoughts are with you. RIP Bobo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page