This community is great. Thank you all. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

This community is great. Thank you all.

On December 7th, I took in an almost 2 year old White Shepherd from someone that couldn't care for him and his lifelong struggle with gastric health complications. When I brought him home and he was throwing up and wouldn't eat, I quickly created an account on this site and sought out the advice of the professionals...you guys.

The out pour of support, advice, camaraderie and care that I received made me immediately grateful and proud to be a member of this community.

Sadly, after 2 months together and fighting the good fight, my boy Ghost has passed away. He was the first dog I adopted and within 2 months he became my world. I understand why everyone on this forum has such love for their pets and such a fierce loyalty to their GSDs...a loyalty only rivaled by the love of their pets, themselves.

Someone in my first thread (where I sought your help) once asked that I post a picture of Ghost when he was all better. Unfortunately, after making slight improvements in health since I took him in, he never fully 'got healthy' and I wasn't able to deliver on the request. But now that he's gone, for anyone interested...and more likely just to make myself feel better...I wanted to post a picture of Ghost so you guys could appreciate for a second the beautiful, loving, perfect creature I got to share my life with for the last 2 months.

It hurts so much to wake without him, sleep without him and come home to an empty house...but if anyone knows what I and my girlfriend are going through, I know its you folks.

Thank you for your support, your time and being such an amazing community. Keep it up and maybe one day I'll be popping in again with a new addition to the family.

~Christian

RIP Ghost 2.17.13 - 2.10.15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	273610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	273618   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	273626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	273634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	273642  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	273650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	273658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	273666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	273674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	273682  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 AM

So sorry for your loss,my thoughts are with you both.
Your photos show Ghost was well loved GSD.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:45 AM
Elite Member

What a sweet face. So very sad to read your post. How lucky was Ghost to get YOU for his final months. My heart hurts for you.

Garrison - GSD
Cupid - terrier mix (shelter rescue)
Stella Artois - lab/boxer (?) mix (shelter rescue)
Saranac - Siberian Husky
3 kitties, 1 goldfish, 1 cockatiel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Crowned Member

So sorry for your loss. Ghost enjoyed the last few months of his life, he looked so happy, and loved! Thank you. All the best, Deb

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Crowned Member

That was a great thing you did for Ghost. He knew he was loved. Sorry for your loss

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Crowned Member

I'm very sorry for your loss RIP Ghost

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Crowned Member

Oh Christian, I am so sad for you. Ghost lived a wonderful life with you. I'm sorry it wasn't longer. He was beautiful and happy and loved. That is more than many dogs get in a lifetime. Thank you for loving and caring for him.

Thank you also for the kind words toward us. We are often told how horrible we are, but seldom that we are supportive, helpful and caring. Yes, we are passionate about our breed and our pets. Sometimes we say things new members don't want to hear. But I completely agree with you. This is an awesome community.

I know that one day, you will meet another GSD in need. While not replacing Ghost, that dog will help fill the void in your heart and your home. I can hardly wait for that day and look forward to your posts, in the future.

Take Care!

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Elite Member

Tears of sadness and of joy....Sadness that your dear Ghost is gone. Joy that the three of you had something so very special. Time makes no difference in regard to love--that love was deep and true in regard to Ghost.

That love will always exist....and you go on.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take care.

Moriah
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Elite Member

man that sucks, bro! you should go get a new dog now! there are dogs right now needing homes.

i also love the welcome mat on the inside. as if you're suggesting people are welcome to get out!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 09:27 AM

I've lost a pet that was not with me very long before. I had jerks tell me I was silly for grieving over an animal that was only with me for a little under half a year, but no matter how long or short the time you spend together is, the bond you form with them is priceless.

I hated seeing my poor, sweet Gabriel go. But what matter is the time you did spend with them. You gave him a wonderful 2 months, which is more than most people and animals will ever get. I'm sure he loved you guys to bits and couldn't have asked for a better home to be in when he passed on.

You did an amazing thing and you should be proud for giving that sweet boy a nice, loving home.

Butters - 10/11/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page