Heidi: Celebration of Life - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Heidi: Celebration of Life

Heidi 7/29/01 - 1/9/15

I lost my beloved girl a little over a week ago. It is hard to sum up her life and our friendship because it was so....typical. She didn't win any ribbons or medals, but she was my protector, my best friend, sometimes my only friend. She opened up new worlds to me, including this one.

When I brought Heidi home as a 9 week old puppy, I thought she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I never lost that feeling for one minute. As for Heidi, she thought the sun and the moon shone only on me. It was definitely a journey. We had some training and a few social problems in the first few years, I believe because of Heidi's not being particularly well bred and my good intentions but lack of experience, but we got through the problems and she eventually she became a dignified, well behaved, wonderful dog.

We walked and explored everywhere. Which is why I can't get away from the memories. There isn't anywhere in our area that Heidi and I didn't go. We took about every class available. We camped, we hiked, we spent countless hours playing in the backyard. Heidi made many human friends and enjoyed her pack at home. Her coat always smelled like wildflowers, even when she got old.

As Heidi got older, so did I, and it often seemed we were going through the same aging issues. But of course hers progressed faster and it seems like suddenly she was old. I began to think that Heidi would see 14 years old, but one day she couldn't get out of bed and we knew it was time. Her last gift to me, I believe, is that I learned that there were more people who cared about Heidi and I than I ever thought. I miss her so much, but am healing a little every day. I talk to her sometimes and I know she is there listening.

I will get a German shepherd puppy eventually, but it will be probably a couple years down the road because I have other dogs who need and deserve my attention right now. So I will wait till the right time. I have learned so much from Heidi that I think I can be a better owner to my next one. Here are some of my best pictures of Heidi. Thank you for reading this and for guiding me all these years.

I hope this picture posts because I really want to share pictures of Heidi. I guess I will have to post the rest in another thread from work because my computer is terrible. This one is my favorite by the way she is smiling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Crowned Member

Dear Bridget, I know exactly how you feel, we all do. Time will heal the wounds, but you will have your precious memories forever. RIP Heidi!

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss of Heidi

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Crowned Member

What a nice tribute

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Obviously the picture didn't work. I'll have to do it tomorrow from work.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Crowned Member

I'm so sorry you lost her- she was obviously well loved. You had a wonderful life together
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss, but what a nice tribute to a great girl.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Heidi 7/29/01 - 1/9/15

She didn't win any ribbons or medals, but she was my protector, my best friend, sometimes my only friend.

Just as you acknowledge, she won your heart.......better than any ribbon or medal.

SuperG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page