2 years feels like yesterday - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

2 years feels like yesterday

I share my pain, my heartbreak in the hopes you won't have to.

It's been 2 years today, that I lost my heart dog, my best friend, a piece of me that I'll never get back.

Those who have dogs that live life wide open-full throttle. Please take care when playing/tossing a ball or Frisbee type games with them and try not to let things get out of hand.
We always try to keep things at ground level when playing with the dogs (NO tossing a toy in the air, NO flying air acrobatics, NO "let's see how high he can jump").
It only took a spit second, a bad bounce of the ball, and a leaping jump into the air with a crash landing to end Arks life.
It's a great responsibility we have on our shoulders, for they give us their hearts.

Ark, forever and a day would not have been long enough
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4854098&type=3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ark von Ochs Stellt 5/29/09--10/30/12

"German Shepherd breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German Shepherd breeding." Max Von Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Knighted Member

I am truly sadden by your story and am very sorry for your loss!

RIP Velcro 9years old (September 22, 2011)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Can't wait to meet you again!

Miss Molly May - born November 15th 2009
Mr. Max -born April11 2014
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodsGSD View Post
I share my pain, my heartbreak in the hopes you won't have to.

It's been 2 years today, that I lost my heart dog, my best friend, a piece of me that I'll never get back.

Those who have dogs that live life wide open-full throttle. Please take care when playing/tossing a ball or Frisbee type games with them and try not to let things get out of hand.
We always try to keep things at ground level when playing with the dogs (NO tossing a toy in the air, NO flying air acrobatics, NO "let's see how high he can jump").
It only took a spit second, a bad bounce of the ball, and a leaping jump into the air with a crash landing to end Arks life.
It's a great responsibility we have on our shoulders, for they give us their hearts.

Ark, forever and a day would not have been long enough
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4854098&type=3
So sorry--I have felt your pain, and with the passing of time, the pain won't be as raw as it still is now. For me, I have a number of GSDs that if I tell someone about them, I still tear up. Remember the good times with your boy, and the bad things will lessen. It's so hard, though.

Thank you so much for warning us--you lost your Ark so suddenly, it is kind of you to try and prevent others from such a loss.

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Knighted Member

One day after training class a lady was throwing the frisbee for her Aussie. My trainer stopped her and explained the damage that could be done. She didn't believe anything bad could happen so he showed her the video he had taken of her dog catching the frisbee. In the video you can see the dog's spine curve on the jump and then the spine shock on the landing. I wouldn't have noticed this if he hadn't pointed it out. Thank you for sharing what happened with your fur baby and bringing the attention to this again. I lost my Pyrate just two and a half years ago and it can still bring me to tears talking about him. You are not alone.

Teri

Amorette Vom Godinghofer of Summerland (AKA Abby) 5/21/15
Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Stella last August, and no, the pain never leaves. I think about her everyday still, wondering when that will become every other day..once a week.. My heart says 'never'.
I cry for you too..

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page