For Miss Ellie - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

For Miss Ellie

A dear friend of mine asked me to honor our friendship by being the one to help her beautiful GSD cross the bridge. I have helped many in my line of work, but this was different. It was my friend and her lovely lady. It was so hard. But so lovely. So much love in the room for such a special girl. My friend is not a member here, so this for her and her girl.

Run free, Miss Ellie. You were beautiful and oh so loyal and tough! Now your hips are strong and you are healthy once again.

Love to her mother, also. She is an escellent dog mom.

Jocassee..Labrador Retriever 11-12-09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tar...GSD 1-7-2012
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you for being such a good friend. How tough. RIP Miss Ellie, we wish your spirit to run free.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Crowned Member

I think it's a very high calling to help our fur friends cross the bridge. Thank you for your compassion and I'm sure your friend was very thankful to have you there

RIP Ellie

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Elite Member

Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.
Miss Ellie

Kat
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Crowned Member

Good bye Ellie, all dogs go to heaven.

"I'd better go with you Huck, civilization can be dangerous."-------Tom Sawyer(Mark Twain)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 08:22 PM

Good Evening, I'm Miss Ellie's mom. I just read my dear friend's tribute to my sweet girl Ellie. I can't tell you how much gratitude I have for her. She helped me through a very difficult time. I am still not over it. I have worked all week, and my mind and hands have stayed busy, but when I open the backdoor and come home, the emptiness begins. You see, I have been spoiled. For the past 10 and one half years, I was greeted at that back door by Ellie. No longer do I have that honor. I have holes in my heart. Our other shepherd, Schroeder is lonely and depressed as am I.....seems we both just sit and wait, waiting for her to come back, but she isn't. I know in my heart it was the right thing to do.....but I don't think I've ever felt this kind of void in my life......I just wanted to thank you for the kind words. Thank you for listening.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your friends loss Rest in Peace Ellie ...

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Crowned Member

i am so sorry for your great loss. perhaps when the time is right you can open your heart and home to another...they are all so special. RIP ellie-girl.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Hey! Glad you joined up here. There are some really nice people here and I have learned a lot of things about how to raise Tar. Of course, I learned a lot from you before I ever joined here

I am so sorry that your heart is still so raw. I can't imagine. Poor Schroeder, also. I have thought about him a lot this week. Come by anytime at the shelter or home if you just need to talk. Love you.

Tar...GSD 1-7-2012
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Well, just ****. I know I'm not supposed to use curse words here, but nothing else describes what I'm about to tell you guys. My friend's big beautiful male, Schroeder was just diagnosed with lymphoma. He has only weeks to live and rather than watch him deteriorate and lose his dignity they have chosen to go ahead and release him to cross the bridge. It sucks so incredibly hard for them to have to go through this again so soon. I know their hearts are broken...shredded...tonight. Please keep them in your prayers tonight and tomorrow as we send Schroeder across the bridge to run strong again with Miss Ellie.

Sometimes life is just so unfair

My friend with her kids who will be together again soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wandas kids.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	162154  

Tar...GSD 1-7-2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page