Having a hard time coping - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my mom to cancer in September. While it wasn't as sudden, it was very quick and very difficult to process. I miss her every day and there are times that I just feel so angry that she was taken from me so soon, she was only 62. I don't think you ever stop missing them. She died the weekend before Thanksgiving. Then we had to get through my dad's birthday in Nov, Christmas, she was a New Years baby, my birthday in Feb and sister's birthdays and the worst, the first mother's day without her. The firsts are the hardest, and you miss them terribly.

If it helps, the sad moments become less frequent as time passes.

As for the dog, I'm sorry about him too. Perhaps it was a sudden illness. I lost a cat to cancer when he was just 4 years of age, it does happen. And when he died, my horse was injured and on stall rest, and he blew up while I was starting him back to work and broke my hand. I was in the hospital (for surgery to put pins in) when my cat had to be put down. Talk about all the bad stuff happening at once. So it's not just you that it happens to, if that gives you any comfort.

I'm so sorry for your troubles, but do feel free to unload on us, we're good listeners.

((big hugs))

Last edited by blackshep; 06-27-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 PM
bga

The last few years have been similar for me. One unthinkable thing after another that left me thinking when will it ever end?

It's true that you never "get over it". However, it does become slightly easier over time ... less 'raw' if you will.

Take it one day at a time, one hour if you have too. Cling to those who are close to you.

I believe with all my heart that they are together and you will see them again some day.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Knighted Member

I'm sorry for your losses and the pain you feel. I truely understand what it feels like to have what seems like everything in your life crumbling. I keep telling myself over and over "somethings we have no control over" sometimes you just have to (in my very own words) suck it up and deal with it. Be strong someday the pain will be a memory.

Carolyn
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
Wolfen - WGSD 12/31/14
Bull -WGSD 2-10-10
💔
Apache - Shiloh Shepherd 12/15/02 - 6/9/15
Kiya - Shiloh Shepherd 5/15/04 -12/19/25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Yes it is rough. I have experienced much the same. My sheltie in August, my beloved shepherd Breaker in November and my father quite suddenly in Feburary. It happens....

Be strong, yes. But when the tears threaten, let them fall too.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Knighted Member

Hey hey :c I'm sorry for your losses. Hopefully time will ease some of your woes. You know we are here for you. PM almost anyone on the forum and they'll offer support, strength and condolences. Please stay in touch with us through this difficult time as we all care about you.

Having a husky, I kind of understand the attachment there...sort of one-way, no? My little guy is so independent it makes me laugh. I'm sorry you lost two things so close to you in such a short span of time.

I know you work nights. There are some people here who've been kind when I've had insomnia. PM me if you need to talk to anyone if you're up at work late. I may not be in the best of shape to give advice but I'm here to support you and lend an ear when I can...

Sending strength your way...huggles.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Knighted Member

I am sorry for your troubles.
I relinquished custody of my epileptic GSD (Alice) when I "divorced" after 15 years.
I miss her daily, but financially where I live I can't swing my rent and her medical needs and thought that it would be a better environment..

Things do get better, time eases the pain.
I lost my father in '96 to cancer and my mother in '09 to Diabetis related complications.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

I hope that link worked.

Gunny GSD & Zoey the Weasel
Sean M. Walsh K-9 Memorial Fund
our goal is to help police agencies establish and maintain a canine team in memory of Sean
Sean's Dogs.com
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Crowned Member

I understand how your feeling. I lost my mom just over a year ago. It was not what we expected the outcome to be and I still feel a sense of loss and shock. Not to long ago we lost my mom's dog. Both to cancer. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mom. I write to her, talk to her, listen to voice mails, and look at pictures. At first doing all those things made me cry. Now I cry every now and then, but mostly I feel comfort, especially when I hear her voice. My dogs have been a saving grace. They went through the whole ordeal with me. My hours were off, I spent lots of time away from home. I did get to bring each one to see my mom, because my dogs loved my mom. They seemed to understand and offered comfort to her and to me. After she died I brought some of her clothes to my house. I put them in the dog crate, since it wasn't being used and I needed to make room. My oldest dog that adored my mom, managed to get a shirt out and I found her laying on it when I came home.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Knighted Member

I am sorry for the losses you have been dealing with. My Dad died in 2006, and it was very sudden. Go easy on yourself. It takes time.
Sheilah
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Take things day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. I lost my mother very suddenly, I still had her horse and week later it died and 6 months to the day after that I lost her I lost my Grandmother (who was like my mother). The pain and sadness does not go away but it will ease with time. Some days you will feel mad, some sad, some ok. Let yourself feel all these things so you can heal and move on with your life. If you ever want to chat or need to beat someones ear please feel free to PM me.

Just remember time heals all wounds, give time some time.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Crowned Member

Life can seem so unfair at times, try to dwell on the good things around you and the memories that can never be taken away. I am sorry for your losses and I hope that life will start bringing you happiness instead of sorrow.

karen, mom to:
ace-gsd (bi-color) 6/14/2010
mandy-yellow lab 1/31/2009
dixie-shep/lab 2/21/2013

baby-terrier mix (waiting at the bridge)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page