So long Banjo..... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

So long Banjo.....

I pulled the plug on both my mother and father at a pretty young age. Kept on trucking. Bit weepy both times, but was pretty much "meh" about it.

Banjo. Good lord I have been a total wreck. I didn't realize how ridiculously strong a bond I had with that mutt. It's been a month now and just the merest thought will make me tear up. I wake up and reach for him and that's a punch in the gut. These dogs just hole up in yer heart and refuse to let go huh?

But.....I just said yes to a 7 month old female rehoming. Couple broke up and all the people at work know how broken up I am. Lo and behold a new beginning just lands in my lap. Seems (your choice of deity here) works in weird ways. She has papers and all that jazz, I don't care. Her hips are supposedly in good order and I'm getting her at a great age. She's gonna learn under a grizzled ex-police Malinois. Peppy will walk all over her, and I'm going to enjoy that.

Banjo....man I miss you so freaking much it hurts. I hate you for not living 50 years. I love you for being such a soulmate. Dammit dog. You make me feel things that lets me know I'm human and never be as good as a dog. Oh hey, here's the waterworks again. Dammit Banjo. *sigh*

Never cook bacon while naked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Crowned Member

I have experienced absolute raw emotion when it comes to dogs. These bonds are like no other.

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Banjo

Please update us on your new female...a new journey.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Elite Member

So Sorry for the loss of your boy, best of luck with your new little lady..

Marlena
Bella 9/23/09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gatticus 3/6/13
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cats zorro & Patches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Crowned Member

Sorry you lost Banjo. Time does help and so will the new start with your new pup. We lost our lab Daisy last year and we now reminisce with a little more smiling and little less sadness. On your pup, what did you name her?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Sorry you lost Banjo. Time does help and so will the new start with your new pup. We lost our lab Daisy last year and we now reminisce with a little more smiling and little less sadness. On your pup, what did you name her?
Thinking Dunsparrow. If you have read Malazan Book of the Fallen it'll make sense.

Never cook bacon while naked.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Crowned Member

I'm very sorry for your loss RIP Banjo

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss. They sure do capture our hearts!

Amy and the dogs,

Jack - male GSD b. 8/9/10
Lillian - female Weimaraner b. ~2005
RIP Mattie - female GSD 10/18/02 - 7/24/2013
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Crowned Member

So sorry for your loss of Banjo. I'm sure the new girl will love your nirvana and help you heal. We lost Daisy last year and 6 months to the day we got two GSD girls from Baltimore. They have helped just through keeping me busy. I still miss my Daisy girl but these two have helped me heal. Glad to see your posting again.

Daisy 11/26/99-7/25/12
Miss Chevy Cruz - 1/25/2013-1/29/15
Thunder -1/25/13 -7/25/15
Lucky-GSD -Rescue -2/16/03 - 03-21-16
Charlie- GSD-Rescue - 7-4-12
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

So sorry for your loss.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Crowned Member

Yeah...it sux when you lose such a great friend and extension of your being.

Like most others in here, I've had to say too many goodbyes to my furry friends. Even though I have my new partner Kaia, I don't know if I'll ever completely get over losing our last Shepherd.

My heart goes out to you....the best I can think of to say is simply...be glad for Banjo even though the time was too short....you had each other and it was a win/win. Besides all the obvious benefits Banjo enhanced your life with...your new pooch will also benefit from Banjo...Banjo undoubtedly taught you many a lesson which your new pup will greatly enjoy..so Banjo's spirit never left...just his fur and flesh.

Nothing wrong with having some sadness about a departed furry friend...just as long as you remember all the quality Banjo brought to your doorstep as well. Crazy how it all works...sadness, tears but always tempered with a smile.

Take care,

SuperG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page