10 Years ago and still miss her - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

10 Years ago and still miss her

Iíve always heard there is that one dog that changes your life; Niki was it for me and my family. This July 3rd will be 10 years since Niki passed away. I still have a picture of her in my office and my daughter, now 21, still has a painting of her hanging on her bedroom wall and many pictures on her dresser. She was loyal, loving and very protective of her family and my best friend. She was poisoned by a teen age kid that had tried to vandalize our house several times but Niki had always stopped him. She died one day shy of her 6th birthday. The teenager was arrested a few weeks later for arson and admitted his crimes.
We still love and miss her dearly.
10 Years ago and still miss her-niki2copy.jpg 10 Years ago and still miss her-100_0008.jpg

Long Coat - Reina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Master Member

What an *******... Poor girl :'(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Master Member

A hole

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM

job well done Niki. hope you are having a great time on the other side.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Crowned Member

Wow that is terrible Sorry for your loss of your beautiful girl.

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned

I feel your pain, but in a little different way. Grizzly and Brezzy have been gone for over 18 years and I still miss those 2. I can see them just as clearly as if I saw them a hour ago. They were a matted pair and both were very loving dogs. 4 years ago I had to put Beno down, we got him to protect our children as they grew up and boy he did his job well. At 130 pounds he was very intimidating and he just loved his boys. He was one big dog. Now I have Tony and it was a great decision to get him. Personality plus and picked out by the boys.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionswings View Post
Iíve always heard there is that one dog that changes your life; Niki was it for me and my family. This July 3rd will be 10 years since Niki passed away. I still have a picture of her in my office and my daughter, now 21, still has a painting of her hanging on her bedroom wall and many pictures on her dresser. She was loyal, loving and very protective of her family and my best friend. She was poisoned by a teen age kid that had tried to vandalize our house several times but Niki had always stopped him. She died one day shy of her 6th birthday. The teenager was arrested a few weeks later for arson and admitted his crimes.
We still love and miss her dearly.
Attachment 51250 Attachment 51258

That's horrible......

I would have been arrested for beating that "teenager" within an inch of his life.....

Hope he did jail time with a really big cellmate who loves dogs....

Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Crowned Member

I'm sorry you lost Nikki.

For me, it was a big blue Doberman named Bismarck. Bismarck has been gone 28 years now.............and I still think of him everyday.

"I'd better go with you Huck, civilization can be dangerous."-------Tom Sawyer(Mark Twain)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the posts! I would have loved to beat the kid half to death. It's a very long story but he could not be tried as an adult because he was only 15 when he committed these crimes. He basiclly got off with much of nothing. I would assume the troubled kid is in jail by now for something.

I got a shepherd a while after she passed, she was a good dog but I never really had the bond with her like I did with Niki...maybe it was just too soon. I now have Reina and feel I'm ready. Here she is.
10 Years ago and still miss her-r1.jpg

Long Coat - Reina
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Elite Member

So sorry you lost your Niki in such a terrible way. I know Cody will be forever on my mind and heart also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page