Goodbye Sweet Grim - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Zombie Queen Moderator

Goodbye Sweet Grim

We said goodbye to Grim on Saturday

His tumors had been bleeding and he was getting weaker and weaker and the light had left his eyes. We made that long drive we all dread and had a peaceful parting with me and my husband laying on the blanket next to him until it was over. There is an awful big hole in our hearts right now.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...gain-grim.html

If you have a dog with cancer please consider sending samples/specimens to these folks.
http://modianolab.org/Modiano%20Lab%...20Template.pdf
They directed me to Broad Institute (link on page) who is building genetic DNA databases of dogs with various cancers. Maybe some day this will help all of us.

Have to go to another computer to get to photobucket for his last picture but that will be next.

And this ..... I've heard it before and love it:

It' Just a Dog

From time to time people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "That's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and, in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me, and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile....because they "just don't understand."

- Anonymous

Taken on Thursday - wanting me to give him the ball in my hand. It was the last time before he crashed on Friday am and the lights started to dim in his eyes and I knew it was coming to and end.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

Last edited by NancyJ; 03-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Crowned Member

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Crowned Member

Nancy, my condolences to you and your husband. So sorry for your loss.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM

I'm sorry for your loss
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry Nancy.

Rest easy, now, Grim, and run free.

~Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell, aka The RocketDog
06/15/11
hiker and runner extraordinaire

post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Crowned Member

Aw, Nancy, I am so sorry for the loss of you wonderful Grim. May you take comfort in all of the memories of time spent with a very special dog.

Take good care.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to help you through this but only time heals.
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Knighted Member

Really sorry about the loss of Grim. My best to you during this time of sadness.
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Very sorry for your loss, Nancy. RIP Sweet Grim.

Jamie

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011

post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry.

Such a handsome boy.

There's a special place for dogs like Grim who served their communities proud, brought closure to grieving families of lost loved ones. An incredible boy. We celebrate your life, Grim. Run free brave boy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page