One year today..... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

One year today.....

Since you left and passed on.
You never complained, and always took care of me.
You never left my side, and even gaurded me from strangers and even the toilet monster.
I never could hide from you even when I tried, You always won at hide and seek.
If I was not home you did not sleep, or eat and waited until I came home to take care of yourself.
I am so sorry I was in the hospital the week before you passed. You were so depressed and did not want to eat, or sleep. I still feel so responsible and think this did not help what happened.
I still do not understand why you never complained and told us that you had something going on in your head.
It was so sudden and hit me like a ton of bricks.
I thank you though for sending to me Casey - He is a wonderful puppy. I see so many traits in him that I saw in you. Such sweet and tender eyes, just like you. He helps me everyday. Then we also have Chloe and she is such a joy as well.
Today is so hard but I am happy you are out of pain. What a wonderful pup you were. Run free Cassie. RIP my sweety.

Love Mommy,

Casey-black/white lab/springer mix 060511
Chloe-GSP- 01/14/12
Cassie-GSD/Heeler mix 12/26/01-09/05/11 RIP You will be missed always, Mommy loves you baby,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bear-Lasa-poo (Our energizer bunny) RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Jag
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful and well loved friend!

Wrath of Grim z Dragon
"Mr. Grim"- Threaten my handler. I dare you.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful and well loved friend!
She was wonderful. She had a brain tumor and it was sudden. So hard to lose them.
I had a difficult time yesterday. Not only was it the anniversary of her death but the 47th wedding anniversary of my parents - which my mom lives with us and my father passed 4 years ago. Kind of a cloudy day. thank you for your comment.

Chloe-GSP- 01/14/12
Cassie-GSD/Heeler mix 12/26/01-09/05/11 RIP You will be missed always, Mommy loves you baby,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Crowned Member

It never stops hurting . All we can do is remember the good times and be thankful for the time we had

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Crowned Member

So sorry for your loss

Feuergarten German Shepherds

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Sorry for your loss. She sounded amazing.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful dog . I know she still watches you and Casey. I think sometimes when Lucky does something Daisy used to do she woofing in his ear.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Knighted Member

chloesmama2, I'm so sorry for your loss.

My little cat died just over a year ago from cancer and I too was in the hospital when he had to be put down. It was awful to not be there for him in the end and made it even harder to get over. I still can't believe he is gone.

I'm so sorry. From one pet owner to another ((hugs))
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Knighted Member

1 whole year and it still hurts like h*ll.
I am sorry for your loss.
I dread stuff like this.
Huggles from me and my two.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

This was also the first pet that I had to tell the vet that we wanted to put her down. I know she was hurting because she was in a seizure at the time that they could not stop. She was sedated and still in a seizure because the tumor on her brain was causing it.
She was everything to me- she did everything for me. I am now at home full time disabled. At that time I was working just before being put into the hospital. After that stay I have been permently put on disability. She would have loved to have me home everyday.
Still so much emotion over it, they are only in our lives such a short time. I said I was not going to have another one after her and then only 12 hours later my sister cradled in my arms my lab/springer mix- Casey. He was exactly what I needed even though I did not know it then.
Thank you so much for the comments during this time.

Chloe-GSP- 01/14/12

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page