A Hello and A Goodbye - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy A Hello and A Goodbye

Hello, I'm Katie, proud human of Star, (in my humble opinion) the greatest dog to walk this earth. I don't have any pictures on my computer right now, but will hopefully be adding some soon. I said goodbye to Star on Friday and desperately need to share my memories of her with people who understand my love for dogs, specifically the GSD breed, and for Star. I hope this is somewhere I am able to do this.

Here is a little bit about my girl.

Star was the first dog I ever had and the best dog I will probably ever have. I got her as a puppy and spent 2.5 hrs with her litter picking her out from her siblings. I was 10 at the time. She was there for me through everything. It was she who made me fall in love with animals and we developed a bond deeper than words can say. We competed together in numerous agility, obedience, and show competitions. We spent countless hours training and playing together. She was the friend who was always there to listen to me and never judged me. She was always happy to see me and never got mad at me for anything. When I struggled with bullies in middle school and struggled through depression, it was she who kept me going. She protected me from strangers who would do me harm and I nursed her wounds when she got herself into serious trouble (she broke her jaw chasing a car, went temporarily blind due to a grain allergy, and almost bled out due to a bad vaccine). I almost stayed at home my first year of college because it sucked to be away from her. On 8/17/12, 10 years later, I had to say goodbye to that beautiful German Shepherd. She was diagnosed with cancer a month ago and they gave her 30-60 days without surgery, less if we operated. Now my heart is broken and it hurts to breathe. I know I did the right thing for her, but I can't believe I will never see her bound across the lawn as I come up the driveway, chase lizards in the garden, or walk with her down to the creek. I will never again give her the empty peanut butter jar to lick clean or call her name when I drop food in the kitchen. I will miss scratching that soft patch behind her ears and hearing her groan whenever I asked her to do something she didn't want to do. That is just the tip of the story of her beautiful life.

Thank you, Star, for every memory you gave me and for making me into the person I am today. You are gone, but I could never forget you. I love you, my sweet puppy. I wish you could've lived forever because if ever a dog deserved to, it was you.

R.I.P
Midnight "Star" von Kopper
7/10/2002-8/17/2012

"I guess you don't really own a dog, you rent them, and you have to be thankful that you had a long lease." -Joe Garagiola
And you wish you'd been able to sign a much, much, much longer one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Crowned Member

That was a beautiful tribute. RIP Star

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Crowned Member

Sorry for your loss Rip Star.

"A House Is Not A Home Without A German Shepherd"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Crowned Member

RIP Star. It is clear how loved you were.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Elite Member

Bless your heart, Katie . So sorry for your loss

Star sounds like a wonderful companion and you have wonderful memories
of her.

Yes, please post pictures...we would love to see them.

Most of here have had to go through this so you are not alone.

Star

- Kat
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Crowned Member

What lovely memories you have. I know you're heartbroken right now and no one can say anything to make it better, but hopefully you'll find some comfort is knowing that we share your grief
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Banned

Beautiful tribute. Rest in Peace, lovely girl.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Like the others have said, that was a heartbreakingly beautiful tribute to your girl.

Gunny GSD & Zoey the Weasel
Sean M. Walsh K-9 Memorial Fund
our goal is to help police agencies establish and maintain a canine team in memory of Sean
Sean's Dogs.com
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:28 PM

So sorry for your loss. RIP Sweet girl

Jake GSD 5/2012

Harley GSD 5/14/07-5/12/16

I would rather spend time with my GSD than alot of people!!!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Crowned Member

Welcome to the board. I am sorry about Star, well sorry that she is gone and you are experiencing this part of the beautiful life our dogs give to us. It's is really hard to lose a dog, and the longer they have lived doesn't seem to make it any easier. But if we remember the good things, and good memories of the dog, we can realize how happy our buddy was and what a good life they had.

Odie, Joy-Joy
Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page