Good Bye My Big Ben - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Good Bye My Big Ben

Ben Dobrovodske Lazne 8/8/1999 - 7/21/2010

Well I really not sure where to start as this has caught me by surprise. I guess it will be from the beginning when we had gone out and were picking up our Ghost. Cathy had caught a glance at Ben and it was love at first sight although I had to keep reminding her that we were here for Ghost and not Ben. Ben was 6 at that time and we didn't even realize he would be here in our Kennel later that year, or at least I didn't.

Ben was an well titled boy that came from Slovakia with titles including a SCH-3, IPO-3, ZVV3. In the later part of 2004 we had the opportunity to purchase Ben along with his mate Zerbal. She was carrying a litter sired by Ben.

On October 5th we had 6 Ben puppies 4 males and 2 females which one of the males was just like Ben in everyway you could think of. Ben was the first dog that taught me how to handle a dog doing bite work as he was just just so graceful and was such a pro at what ever I threw at him although we never had another litter conceived from him he had taught us so many life lessons. I do have him to thank for his wonderful daughter Becca and his granddaughter Tara.

In the last few weeks we had noticed him slowing down a bit and just thought that his age was starting to catch up with him as he would have turned 11 on the 8th of August. This morning I went out to the kennel and let him out for his first of three rotations for the day. He had gone out past all the other dogs in the kennel as he does everyday without giving us a bit of trouble as some of the other males do. I let him in and back to his run he went like he does all the time waiting for me to shut his door to his run.

Then this afternoon I went out to let him out and he had already passed sometime while we were doing other things here at the house. Poor boy I only wish I could have been there with him when he took his last breath only to let him know that I was here with him so he didn't have to leave this world by himself. I found him laying on his side as if he was sleeping and by the look of it he had passed peacefully.

Ben RIP and some day we will be together again my boy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" == Winston Churchill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Narys Policia ZVV1
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Knighted Member

So sorry for your loss. Ben sounded amazing...

Renee'

Jake 2/12/10 CGC TDI
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Knighted Member

Oh my I am so sorry. Will you have autopsy done? RIP Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry to hear this.. Ben knew you loved him and cared for him.. do not think otherwise.

I am so very sorry for your loss..

Run free at the bridge Ben until your family can meet you there...

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeys mom View Post
Oh my I am so sorry. Will you have autopsy done? RIP Ben
No I'm not going to do any cutting on him, I feel and so does the vet that his heart gave out. He will be cremated tomorrow and we will save his ashed for our new home hopefully soon

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" == Winston Churchill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Narys Policia ZVV1
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Crowned Member

I am so very sorry. What a shock for you - so sudden. But was a blessing for your great Ben to be spared pain. " I found him laying on his side as if he was sleeping and by the look of it he had passed peacefully".

Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Crowned Member

I am so so sorry. I think he knew how hard it would be for you to be there at the final moments and spared you. Ben sounds as though he was such a strong dog and just had to do this by himself.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Master Member

Oh dear, I am so sorry for you loss. I always think about how in the natural world, animals go off by themselves to die -- that is totally natural for them. While I think it's really important to be with them when we need to put them down, and I know in your heart you wish you were with him, it sounds to me that he died with dignity. RIP Ben.

Spending more than a few hours a day in a forum is unhealthy and makes people mean
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 07:21 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, he sounds like he was a wonderful boy

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Crowned Member

Chuck, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Ben.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page