Enschi vd Mäusespitz SchH3 KKL1a TDI - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Enschi vd Mäusespitz SchH3 KKL1a TDI

Enschi was without a doubt the best German Shepherd Dog that I have ever known. She was a rock solid house dog, sharing her bed and toys with several cats during her years with Julie. She did not appreciate sharing her living space with other female dogs, but she tolerated them out and about in the community. She was wonderful with children and a true ambassador for the breed. And she was a real tiger on the schutzhund field, with the teeth to show for it, too!

Enschi came into my life when she needed rescue. Her owner had lost her home and needed to place her. The rescues in California were full, and no shelter would take a 10 year old dog. So, donations were taken up in the dog community in California and she was flown here to Idaho. She lived with us for almost three months before she was adopted by Julie. Julie works for a police department and Enschi had an open invitation to come out and work with the K9 handlers. Julie told me that the first time they walked out onto the training field and Enschi saw the guy in the bite suit that she became all focus and business. The creaky old SchH3 lady still had some tricks up her sleeve! And she never met a plop of goose poo that wasn't worth a real good roll! Or any amount of water that wasn't worth trying to swim or play in in...this dog was in absolute heaven when Julie set up a wading pool for her.

Enschi was an exceptional dog that touched people wherever she went. She was a well loved dog that will be missed.
Sheilah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Big hugs, she sounds like a wonderful, loving GSD. We are so lucky to have them touch our lives.

Loved GSDs all my life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

currently a mom to:
Juno (GSD2005)
Kip Vom Kistha Haus (GSD 2010)
a toddler
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a baby and
a lovebird (who thinks he is a GSD)!!!!

Always in my heart: Thor, K, Luna, Quilly
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I just can't express how special this dog was, or how very much she will be missed by those who knew her. Below is a picture of her in her younger years.
Sheilah

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Knighted Member

A lovely, dignified lady now gracing the Bridge. My condolences to both you and Julie - Enschi will be sadly missed, but will be in a corner of your hearts always, and in your memory she will live on.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you. I have followed her for awhile....

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Master Member

Sounds like Enschi was an exceptional lady.

Maximus, Long Coat German Shepherd Dog
Tora, Mixed Breed
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sit,stay View Post
I just can't express how special this dog was, or how very much she will be missed by those who knew her. Below is a picture of her in her younger years.
Sheilah

Very elegant dog!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Enschi was simply a once in a lifetime dog, and I feel so honored to have been a part of her story.
Sheilah
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Crowned Member

What a lovely dog! It is wonderful that she found a loving retirement home at the age of 10. It is sad when they lose their homes as seniors.

Run free at the Bridge Enschi...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 03:53 AM

Thank You

Sheilah,

I wish I had found this site in June when I had to let Enschi go, it's so nice to see people that loved her like I did. Thank you so much for allowing me the amazing privilege of being Enschi's final guardian. She touched my life in so many ways and was such a joy to have around. I cried for days and days after I put her down and even just thinking of her all these months later brings tears to my eyes. I had never before met a dog as special as she was and I doubt I ever will. She was the reason I rushed home from work every day, the friend that cracked me up day and night, the reason I had a kiddie pool in my yard even though I don't have kids . Every single person that met her instantly fell in love with her, and even my cats miss her - my house is just not the same without her. Cheers to Janice for doing an amazing job training her, and cheers to you for all your hard work to make her final years the best they could be and for all the encouragement and advice you gave me. You and Enschi will forever be an amazing gift in my heart, and I hope I get to see her again someday.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page