He's gone... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

He's gone...

In a shocking twist of fates Apollo isn't with us anymore. His aggression had gotten out of hand and last night he had went after sister again, and this time my mother who he hadn't been aggressive to prior. We couldn't have him in the house anymmore since he was a danger to us and so we did what was best. We even went the medical route, for those of you that didn't know, and we couldn't find anything within the limited testing we could do, due to funds being limited. We even tried taking an approach to treating it like dominant behavior, but my mother, who has done a lot of his care taking and had never been aggressive to, went to give him a bone last night and he barked and growled aggressively to her. So when were at the vet I was afraid he wouldn't let me say goodbye since he hadn't let me near him in months, but when we were at the vet he let me pet him and scratch his belly one last time. I nearly broke down when he tried to lick me through his muzzle. It's hard to believe that just at Christmas time he was up in my lap in the armchair licking my face and now he isn't with me anymore. He went peacefully though, he didn't even fight which I was very thankful for. Apollo was very fearful at the vet, which was the only reason he ever allowed me around him there recently. Leaving him there was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. He was my Baby, and I'll never forget him. RIP Baby, I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you.
Apollo (December 17, 2007 - June 19, 2010)

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 PM

I don't know about your situation except from this one post but it is enought to know how sad a situation it is. I have never had to make a discision like that and pray I never do. I have had to put my dogs down for medical reasons when there was nothing else to do but thats differant. I am so sorry for you, your dog and the whole situation. My prayers for you. I only hope and know time will help.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you, it is a terrible situation. I truly loved that dog and I didn't want to leave him, and I didn't want to euthanize him either, but he was becoming a danger to myself, my family and those around him. I don't want to remember him as the dog I knew in the past two months, I want to remember him as the dog that he had been prior to those last two months, the best dog I'd had. Always willing to please, affectionate and loving. His life was way too short and always a struggle from the time he was a baby with his auto immune condition. I just hope he's running free at the bridge without affliction now.

Zeus "Zeusy" - GSD 2 year old DOB 3-19-08
Baby - Cat 5 years old
Rhett - Cat 4 years old

Max, Champ, and Apollo waiting at the bridge.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Master Member

why would agression come up all of a sudden.. that is so sad.. and im so sorry.. i started crying my self.. he is so beautiful and must have been a great dog.. im sorry for your lose.. RIP Apollo your in our prayers..

Elios. 2 year old light liver GSD
Toast. Hedgehog
Gizmo. Blue point, kink tailed kitten .

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:35 PM

I know how you feel! Its so sad. We lost Andy in March he was an old dawg of 15 years old and loved him to pieces. So I really know the heartbreak here!

Jan
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-- Mark Twain
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Crowned Member

so sorry
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Apollo
Any ideas of what could have brought this aggression on?

GSD's Chevy, Shya, & Leilah

R.I.P. Bear Bear (Chow) and sweet lil Kenji (GSD)

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM

RIP Apollo, you are in a better place now.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:56 PM

I'm sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page