6 Month and I Miss You - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

6 Month and I Miss You

Bink:

You left us in November of last year and it has taken me more than 6 months to finally write a proper farewell as my mind is filled with memories of love and smiles. I only wish I had noticed the symptoms sooner so we could have removed the tumor (why did it have to be there?) I wish now I had done more. But hind sight is always 20/20 isn't it? I remember coming home that day and crying that I wanted you back.

What you loved: walks, car rides, walks, car rides, toys, snow, balls, grandma and grandpa.

Your favorite toys: the thirty versions of the squeaky duck and the twenty eight hedgehogs.

Favorite memories: You sleeping under the bed at 12 weeks old with only your belly and tail sticking straight out and up. You wearing two coke cups on your feet filled with coke when you jumped into the front seat all excited and somehow landed on the cupholders (the coke cleanup took a while). You playing in 10 inches of snow in Las Vegas thinking we were back in Idaho.

What I will miss: Those soft brown eyes that could melt my heart, stroking the silky long fur on you chest, the smell of your fur on your head, the gentle lick of my arm when you lay next to me. your greeting when you were in the car too to pick me up at work or from the airport, your gentle side.You.

Bink, there will always be a piece of my heart that belongs to you and no one else. It is something you took with you to the Rainbow Bridge last year. I spent months working through the guilt and grief after you were gone. It still comes and goes. But we humans are good at that aren't we?

You kissed me in your last hour. You lay in my arms and went to sleep knowing nothing more than I was holding you. Not knowing the journey you would be taking. I promised long ago that I would never let you suffer and be in pain so I hope that as you wait there on the other side, you know that I wish I could have been that much better and done that much more for you.

This week your new little "fur-sibling" will be born. I did not think I would have the heart to do it again. I hope you don't mind but the house has been so quiet since you left.

Just know that you are one of a kind Bink and that I love you always my little puppadoh. You were my soul dog and no one else will ever have that spot.

Dogs Teach Us Unconditional Love

Bindi - GSD (standard coat)- High School
Jingles Bell Doyle - (12/1993 - 08/2004)
Binky - my Long Standard Coat GSD dog (1999-2009)
Romeo Br - Long Hair GSD
Bella Biscuit - GSD mix Rescue born 4/1/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Crowned Member

This is the saddest thing I have ever read. It was so beautifully written. I am so very sorry for your loss, I do not know you or your wonderful Bink but there is no doubt in my mind that you loved him very much. He knew that and he will never forget it. My heart breaks with you.

Lauren

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Master Member

My sympathies. Thanks for finding the strength to post this farewell. As sad as it is, I'm glad I read it and got to know a little bit about Bink and his life with you. I love that memory of him and the Coke cups.

I look forward to hearing about your new adventures with the new one.

Maximus, Long Coat German Shepherd Dog
Tora, Mixed Breed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thank you both. As we see many say, sometimes you get that once in a lifetime, one in a million dog. That was my Bink.

I am very excited for our new little furball and I hope so greatly that I will be that much better having all that I learned from Binky.

Romeo Br - Long Hair GSD
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

What a beautiful tribute.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 AM

omg! saddest thing i've ever read and that too at 6o'clock in the morning! love u and ur baby! may he rest in eternal peace. that pic with him being wet an all is my Mia!!!! i wud die if something happened to her. so sending lots of love to u!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Knighted Member

That really is a beautiful tribute. I am crying just having read how much you loved Bink. Rest In Peace little one xx

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thank you both. Sorry to make you cry. I did as I wrote it...Bianca, funny you should use that term at the end of your sentence, because I called Bink my "Little One" probably because it was in such contrast to such a large fuzzy puppa. In fact that is written on the the plaque on the box with binky's ashes.

Romeo Br - Long Hair GSD
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 10:03 PM

That just broke my heart thinking of you XXXX
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Crowned Member

imho, there is nothing you can do to honor your beautiful boy's memory more than to love and welcome into your heart and your home another german shepherd dog. i just know he would not mind. what a beautiful tribute you wrote for him, isn't it incredible how much we can love these dogs. may your new baby help to heal your heart.

RIP beauiful binky.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page