My beautiful Lacy is gone. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

My beautiful Lacy is gone.

This morning, Lacy lost her battle with cancer. In the past 48hrs the tumor seemed to grow to a huge size and late Thursday night when I was doing the final wash for the day I notice these big mean looking absesses. They broke open late yesterday and a bloody fluid began oozing and then dripping out of her. I called the vet but there was no way I could get her there until this morning. I upped her pain meds to as much as I could and as I sat here last night with her, she was in so much discomfort. She looked at me with pleading eyes and I gave her anouther 25 mg of deramaxx. All I could do was hug her and tell her I'm sorry.

This morning we took her into the vet's office and she seemed more ready, she even took liver treats that I gave her out of the DR's goodie jar which she would never do before. I think she knew. I held her in my arms as the vet gave her the sedative and we told her about how much we loved her and how she would soon be with Tucker and Palla and that we would come there too in 'a little while'. DH told her about the fishing there and again how much we loved her. When the vet administered the second shot I felt her leave. I know she did because a part of my heart went with her.

We brought her home and she now rest under the tree beside Tucker her mate and Palla her favorite pup. God speed my wonderful Lacy, I'll miss you till the end of eternity, and I'll love you twice as long.

Sandra
Larka GSD 1/4/06 Palla GSD 7/16/06 Loki adopted 8/23/08
Badger,Miss Crabtree & Shafford, the kitty krew
Waiting at the bridge;Palla,Tucker,Chance, Brandy and Lacy. I'll miss you to the end of eternity, and love you twice as long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:30 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Oh Sandra, I'm so sorry to see this. Even knowing that day is coming, and probably soon - it really doesn't prepare you, does it?

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Crowned Member

Lacy

I'm sorry for such a loss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Master Member

im so sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
This morning, Lacy lost her battle with cancer. In the past 48hrs the tumor seemed to grow to a huge size and late Thursday night when I was doing the final wash for the day I notice these big mean looking absesses. They broke open late yesterday and a bloody fluid began oozing and then dripping out of her. I called the vet but there was no way I could get her there until this morning. I upped her pain meds to as much as I could and as I sat here last night with her, she was in so much discomfort. She looked at me with pleading eyes and I gave her anouther 25 mg of deramaxx. All I could do was hug her and tell her I'm sorry.

This morning we took her into the vet's office and she seemed more ready, she even took liver treats that I gave her out of the DR's goodie jar which she would never do before. I think she knew. I held her in my arms as the vet gave her the sedative and we told her about how much we loved her and how she would soon be with Tucker and Palla and that we would come there too in 'a little while'. DH told her about the fishing there and again how much we loved her. When the vet administered the second shot I felt her leave. I know she did because a part of my heart went with her.

We brought her home and she now rest under the tree beside Tucker her mate and Palla her favorite pup. God speed my wonderful Lacy, I'll miss you till the end of eternity, and I'll love you twice as long.

im so sorry i personally almost started crying.. loosing someone so close tears you apart, specially when its your best friend, rest in peace Lacy

Elios. 2 year old light liver GSD
Toast. Hedgehog
Gizmo. Blue point, kink tailed kitten .

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.."
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Crowned Member

I am so very sorry. If it is any consolation, you did the best you could. You were strong and put her welfare first before your own feelings. The last face she saw was your's. You released her from her pain. When the time came for my Chessie, the vet came to meet me, he told me "This is the last thing you can do for her". A Sioux Indian lady who always liked Chessie, told me that their belief is that when we have taken good care of our pets, when it comes our time to die, they are waiting for us to take lead us into heaven. I do take comfort from the "Rainbow Bridge" - especially the part where the dogs are healthy and young and enjoying life, but are waiting for us. That's where your Lacy is now, she is healthy and strong, and she is waiting for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to EdwardDrapkin
RIP Lacy, it sounds like you were a wonderful animal. Crabtree, I wish you the best in your mourning and it sounds like you're taking it well.

Sorry so much for your loss.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for you, Sandra.
May Lacy be met by Tucker and Palla, Chance and Brandy and they all run pain free and happy to be together.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 PM

Sandra

So sorry about Lacy. She's probably romping with Poohbear and the others now. She'll be looking down at you with all the love you gave her during her time on this earth. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Rest peacefully Lacy.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Crowned Member

I am sooo sorry for your loss. I bet she was a wonderful companion. She will be missed and she knows you loved her here.

Rest In Paradise Lacy

Jessica

Molly-GSD DOB: 2/19/07
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner-GSD
Max & Simba- Sheltie Mixes
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Crowned Member

i cry with you sandra. bless her heart. bless her heart. i'm so sorry, take care.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page