Lost two of my seniors this winter - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Lost two of my seniors this winter

I am sad to announce the loss of my two eldest GSD's and best friends this winter. It has been a rough time but we are down to being able to talk about it a bit.

We lost Montana on December 16 after a long struggle Spondylosis of the Spine. PAM- Montana's Mountain Majesty, CGC,PT,CD,PD1,JB,OAC,NJC,NGC, RS-O,JS-N,GS-N. She was my first GSD bought from the paper. She was my teacher, my life, my friend for 14 1/2 years and it is still surreal that she is actually gone.

On February 12 I had to make the decision to let Ulrik free of his suffering. He had suffered from DM for several years with the most difficulty since this past fall. He got along with assistance for a long time but since January he seems to have suffered from a stroke of some kind and his front end became as useless. It was as though he gave up after his "wife" left him. Lord Ulrik Von Ollie-Hasko, CGC, TT was raised as a puppy for Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation however stayed with me after he needed a "career change" (he never liked non GSD'S after being attacked by a Dobe as a pup). Ulrik was 13 1/2 years of age when he left our world.

Montana's Memorial:
Montana's Journey by Von Monte-Haus GSD

Ulrik's Memorial:
Ulrik's Journey by Von Monte-Haus GSD

Tina & the K9 Krew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Elite Member

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your double loss (((hugs)))

GSD's Chevy, Shya, & Leilah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Bear Bear (Chow) and sweet lil Kenji (GSD)

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Tina I am soooo very sorry( Our dogs are NEVER with us long enough.

Montana was a comical sweet girl, we all started agility together, doesn't seem like that long ago(

Hugs to you , it's bad enough losing one, but when you lose two in such a short time its devastating, thank goodness we have our other dogs to keep us busy..

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Crowned Member

i am SO sorry.......i know exactly how you feel. i to lost my best friend and heart companion of a lifetime this winter...........and i can honestly say, i haven't even begun to miss him..........everything i do, everywhere i go, there are memories of him........he was a Big part of my life for 14 years........and truely a dog of a lifetime...just one of those Special friends............its supposed to get easier with time, but when the bond is so deep you never get used to it, just try to accept it and go on without them.........

god bless you and your two guys...may they RIP, and may you find comfort with the memories left behind..........

url
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the kind thoughts. It does make it a bit easier with the others in the house but it's still odd not having them. Especially when I come across their video's, etc while uploading stuff for the pups.

Tina & the K9 Krew
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Crowned Member

But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over. ~ Jer. 18:4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Crowned Member

I'm so sorry about your two seniors... I lost both of my senior dogs within three months of each other in 2008 to cancer, so I know how hard it is to lose two within a short time...one of them (Ginger) was my heart dog.

Jubal/Tesla (Beauceron) 3/14/14
Bianca HIC CGC TT (GSD) 4/24/04-10/23/12
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Master Member

My condolences. I cannot imagine having to deal with the loss of two beloved dogs in such a short time span.

Maximus, Long Coat German Shepherd Dog
Tora, Mixed Breed
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss. May they both Rest In Peace together
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 AM

We all know the time will come and we try not to think about it. Losing two such special ones in such a short period of time must be overwhelming. My deepest sympathies, my heart goes out to you. BTW, beautiful tributes, you did them proud.

Have dog, will travel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page