Out of nowhere... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Out of nowhere...

I'll quote my post from last night, when I got home, off PB-C..

Out of nowhere.
My girl is gone.

Either pancreatic cancer or Bloat. When my grandfather died from his pancreatic cancer, he blew up like that right before... And she's had what everyone suspected was that..
She blew up out of effing nowhere. She sleeps in her 'room' all day. I had no idea she was suffering.

When I went to care for her for the last time this evening I knew something was wrong. It was too late, our vet was closed, and his personal number was nowhere to be found. I sat with her and tried to give her comfort of company, the pain she was showing was equal to that of a dog who's just been slammed by a car. She moaned and cried. Then she stopped breathing and foam poured out of her mouth... I just didn't know what to do.. She managed to breath again.. My brother an SIL were on the way, she couldn't fit in our car. She stood up several times and once pressed her forehead against mine... I just put mine against hr and rubbed her neck, and told her how good she was.

We called the E-vet in the next city over. Told them what were had and that we wanted her put down ASAP. When my brother and SIL arrived, getting her in the car was so bad for her. I lifted under her arms and my brother lifted from her hind legs... I sat in the back with her head drooling in my lap... They made us take her out of the car, she walked inside and collapsed, but tried to get back up before we made her relax, we couldn't carry her because her tummy was so painful and so swollen... A lady who's dog was also in danger of dying from chocolate made the comment about how amazing it is, they will give you everything they have, until the very end. We put her on a blanket and lifted her to get a weight. Then dragged her into a room. Where we waited... waited... Finally my brother went out and told the man to GET someone back there before she went on her own. He did, after all kinds of crap. He wanted to take her in the back, alone, to do it. But this time she's lying on her side wheezing. They were going to make us wait until the vet was done with a surgery she hadn't started. She was very sweet and her and a tech came back and prepped her, then loved on her as she went.

My sweet lady shouldn't have went through that.

They gave us a cardboard coffin that they stuffed her in so we could get her home.

I just finished burying her... I opened up the body bag they had on her so nature could go to work... I was okay digging, carrying her coffin and putting it in the ground, but when it was open and I saw her body it just hurt so bad.

I love you so much, Dutch. You were so good even to your very last breath. Go play with your pups whom you've outlived, I'm sure Mo met you and Tink even has plenty of love, there is no fighting in Heaven.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Elite Member

Her last hours may have been painful, but Dutch's life with you was sweet. Your post sounds like you suffered as much as your beloved dog. Take comfort in knowing that this good dog is free of pain now.

Mary Jane
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Crowned Member

I am soooooooo sorry.....please know that you gave her a wonderful life....there is nothing more that you could have done......all living creatures must pass on to a better place....
Warm wishes and deepest sympathy are being sent to you.......
Robin

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....where breeding is still considered an art....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Master Member

i am so very very sorry for your loss. Lots of love and prayers your way for a healing heart.

RIP Dutch!

~Robin~
Proud Mommy to Clover 11/26/09

as well as not so furry babies, Christopher (5) and Laci (2)

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Master Member

I'm so, so sorry.

Maximus, Long Coat German Shepherd Dog
Tora, Mixed Breed
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry that you both had to go through this horrible ordeal. She was a beautiful girl and it sounds like she had a long, wonderful life with you.

Rest in peace, sweet Dutch.

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry you and Dutch had to go through this. At least she is at peace now and reunited with the ones that went to the Bridge before her.

Take strength in your memories of her, they will last forever.

Yours in GSDs and rescue,

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM

So sorry. God Bless Dutch.

London's Mom

---------------------------------------------
Minerva 9/1994 - 1/2009
Lugar 4/1997 - 2/2009
Olina 4/2009 - 2/2011

London 1/19/2009 -
Emma 8/27/2010 -
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

I am really sorry to read this, RIP DUTCH. I hope he can find Beno and have a good time.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Crowned Member

Oh, I'm so very sorry you and Dutch had to go thru such a trauma at the ER. It hurts enough to lose one of these wonderful creaures without going thru what you did.

Run free at the Bridge Dutch!

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page