Goodbye dear, sweet Kali. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Goodbye dear, sweet Kali.

Yesterday we said goodbye to our dear Kali.

She would have been 13 this coming February, and while we knew this was coming for a while as age and her cancer and spondylosis were starting to catch up with her, we hoped it would be a ways off yet. But Saturday it seemed everything caught up with her at once. Sunday she had a big rally and was back to her old self, but come Monday morning things were going downhill again.

Yesterday was a good day. She was feeling ok. Not as good as Sunday, but much better than Saturday or Monday. But we knew it wouldn't last. So we stayed home and spent the day with her.

She played some ball and some tug. Took several walkies (though much shorter than they were just last week). Lots of cuddles on the couch with us and her best buddy, Kaiser. And lots and lots of time spent outdoors, enjoying the beautiful weather, lying in the cool grass with her ball and sniffing the autumn air. Her appetite was back temporarily, so she got to eat whatever she wanted.. including a favorite treat of a McDonald's double cheeseburger, hold the mustard, extra ketchup and pickles.

Then towards evening she took her last car ride. We took the scenic route, windows open so she could enjoy herself. And she passed peacefully with her head in dad's lap and mom rubbing her favorite spot behind her ears.

We miss her so much and there was a huge vacancy in the house last night and this morning. But it was the right thing to do. She had a wonderful day, and left for the bridge with that being her last memory.

Goodbye to our wonderful ol' girl. Thank you for sharing your time here with us.

Some photos from her "rally day" on Sunday, back to her usual self for a short period of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Goodbye dear, sweet Kali.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Look at those pictures, she looks so wonderful...I'm so thankful you were able to spend a very special day with her before saying your goodbyes. My heart goes out to you though.

RIP little lady, you will be missed.

Rosa

Mom to;
Shiloh, 8.5 year old LCGSD
Shoshona, 7.5 year old LCGSD
Eli, 5 year old LCGSD

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks they are the greatest dog that ever lived!
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Crowned Member

I am so sorry, Chris and Tim and pack. You gave Kali a wonderful life of fun, enjoyment, family, and love. You also did the right thing for her, giving her a glorious send-off and an easy slide to her spot at The Bridge to wait for you. I am sure the love you gave her fills her as she watches over you now. Run free, beautiful, loved Kali!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Crowned Member

Oh Chris I'm so sorry. I lost duchess last month at 13, no matter how long they're in our lives, it's never long enough. Hug the rest of the gang, they'll help you thru it. Give my condolences to Tim as well.

RIP dear Kali.

Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Crowned Member

Allie owned by:

Athena 5/4/08

Lexi 6/1/07 Puggle of some sort

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of Kali. She looked happy right to the end, according to her pics.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Tbarrios333

I'm very sorry for your loss. She was so lucky to have a family that would give her such a wonderful day and life. It's so obvious that she was very loved and she loved you right back.
I'm sure she's watching over all of you.

Beautiful Kali.

Owned by Nini and McKinley.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

My condolences to Chris, Tim and the Paq. I dread the day as I have three "double digits" now. I am thankful for each and every day with them because I know the majority are behind us.

Sweet Kali!

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 PM

Wishing you both peace and comfort. What glorious pictures, I would have never guessed her 12 1/2 yrs old.

Nora

Cain von Hena-C, VPG A, TT 10/19/2003 - 12/17/2009
Gone but not forgotten.

Dazzle von Linienbach, 02/07/2009
Learning the ropes.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss, beautiful right up to the very end!! God bless you Kali!

Heidi, human mom to
Daisy, 6 yr JRT
Bella, 3 yr GSD
Bo, 2 yr GSD
Rest in Peace,
Kasey, GSD Shelter 8/96-12/07 at the Bridge
Patches, CS Shelter 4/93-4/05 at the Bridge
Keisha, GSD 12/87-10/96 at the Bridge
Tarsha, GSD my sweet 16 BD at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page