Re: MISSING MY GSD.
Hey there and welcome to the threads, I am new too.
I am sorry to hear about your loss, I had a similar experience. My first dog was a Golden Retriever named Hunter. He was a great dog, but he was poisoned by incompetent workers at around age 12. I would tell you the story but I dont want to thread jack.
You asked, "how do you get over losing a beloved family member?" Well my answer is that you cant when you loved him so much. For me Hunter meant a lot to me, and I still remember him almost daily. Its been about 1 year now, but I dont think I will ever forget him. Now Kylo, is my new baby, but still I wont forget Hunter. I try to only think about the great times I had with Hunter. A loss is very difficult, and I dont think I have the best advise, but I just try to be happy that at least I had the pleasure of owning a great dog.
Once again, I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Kylo, my first German Shepherd Dog!