My GSD Sampson R.I.P. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

My GSD Sampson R.I.P.

For 14 years I had my best friend and my FAVORITE companion. It has taken me almost a month now to come to the realization that I will not get to see my friend again till a later time is meant for me.

Sampson was a great friend and an even better watchdog. He kept me company when I would be home sick, or acting it. He would never run from me or pretend to be asleep....Yes he was very good at that one. He would always sleep in one spot on our couch even the new one that my mother swore up and down he wouldn't be allowed on.

When Sampson was about 13 we noticed a "catch" in his walk. It didn't really hamper his movement or his ability to play with the other dogs, but we noticed it as owners. Then about 2 months ago it started getting really bad. His rear legs would catch each other as he was going outside. I figured hip displacia, but it turned out to be a nurological disease that targets the nerves in the spinal column.

Needless to say one day my best friend couldn't get himself up. So on that sad Saturday, I had to help my friend take his final car ride.

My family lives in the country so there is always the option of the "Good 'ol fashioned" way of puting an animal down. But Sampson diserved better. He always watched out for myself and my family. He lived a good long life for a GSD and we were all blessed to have had him as long as we did.

"May the angels lead you to paradise and may the saints welcome you at the gates." Sampson you will always be missed and always loved. You always had a soft spot in this hardened heart of mine. I love you still to this day my friend.....Now go catch Duke, because God knows he has missed you since the day he left us too.

RIP Sampson (GSD) 1995-2009
RIP Duke (Hinez 57) ? - 1994

Death before dismount

Zeus~~ March 23 2009

At the Bridge

Sampson (GSD)~~ March 1995 ~~ March 2009
JAX (ACD / LAB)~~ Nov 2009 ~~ March 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Elite Member

Re: My GSD Sampson R.I.P.

So sorry for your loss. Sampson sounds like he was a wonderful caring family member. He had a wonderful life with you and your family. RIP Sampson.

Veronica- proud mom to Turbo, TJ, Angel, Roxy and Jasmine
Volunteer/foster for GSRA
German Shepherd Rescue & Adoption

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:40 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your Sampson. He sounded like a great friend to you and your family. I know what it is like to lose a great friend and it isn't easy, but take comfort that he is no longer in pain and is running free.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Elite Member

so sorry for your loss.... God gives them to us for a certain time adn then he takes them back.... the loss is always so devastating

KATHY
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Elite Member

So sorry for your loss!!
sweet Sampson, what a wonderful life you have had!!

Sherri & the 6 Holy Terrors...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog. SL"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Crowned Member

Im so sorry, we never have them long enough.
Sampson

Sashi
ALWAYS REMEMBERED
Sept 1, 1999- Aug 11, 2008

Neek
Our special needs Rescue
adopted 09-March
4 yr old
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Knighted Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Please take comfort in the good memories he implanted in your heart and mind. Those are what keep us smiling when we feel sad. Blessings to you and your family.

Robert

Dad to:
Angeles von Lobos (pronounced Angelus)
Jack (RIP)
Cotton
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. Rest in peace, Sampson.

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your loss. No matter how long they are with us, it is never enough.

RIP Sampson. Run like a young healthy boy.

Val

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Master Member

Our condolences....

Kim (MSPCA Vol.), Lainey (Lainey Express Destiny Ryanhaus) and Beau (formerly Booker GSD/Lab?- Rescue)

(At Rainbow Bridge) Vegas- Our Gentle Giant R.I.P. 2000-2008 Meisha - Moo Moo R.I.P. 1990-2000-All GSDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page