Kuryakyn Run Like the Wind My Baby Boy - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Kuryakyn Run Like the Wind My Baby Boy

RIP Kury, you were a very beautiful, brave boy with too short a life. Watch over your family from the bridge, and run painlessly free. My sympathies to you, Lisa and your family.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Master Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dawn S

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting HOLY S%*T what a ride!
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

I'm unsure as to where to post this, maybe it needs to be moved.

This is what was Küry's Diagnosis: Severe Hip Dysplasia with advanced DJD (degenerative joint disease). Changes affecting both femoral heads and acetabulums. He would of had no quality of life and was not a canidate for any of the hip replacement surgeries.
When he hurt himself that Sunday afternoon he had torn the ligaments that hold the leg in place.

My DH had a meeting with our vets on Tuesday, we needed to know more. There was some comfort in that. We've never questioned a decision to euthanize before but did this time. There are no longer any questions.

We are awaiting the full report that has been faxed to the breeder.

By a strange turn of events I located his sister and brother. They belong to another Breeder. One was x-rayed this week and is also affected only not as severly. The other will be x-rayed this Monday. It was most difficult to look at thier pictures, they look just like Küry. Such beautiful dogs and such a waste IMPO.

Kury's Dam will not be bred again nor will her sister. The two siblings will not be bred either. With that being said, we feel that Küry will not have totally died in vain and no others will suffer the same fate, at least in this situation.

Thank you all once again for your kind words and thoughts. Thought perhaps someone might want to know exactly what happened as I was a bit out of it when the original post was made.

Küry was loved, never wanted for a thing and left huge paw prints on our hearts for such a young one. He was the most intelligent, loving, comical dog we've ever had. He will be sadly missed for all the rest of our days. He was quite the boy.

-Lisa
Tytan LC GSD 2/22/09
Tucker Gldn Retr 12/24/07
KayLee Gldn Retr 5/17/04
Felines 1-18 yrs

Küryakyn LC GSD 6/09/08-3/17/09 Missing you...
I'd give anything for 'Just One More Day With You'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Elite Member

Oh such heartbreak! What a beautiful boy and beautiful heart he is. You must be in terrible shock. It is just so unfair. I will never understand the mysteries of why some special ones just don't get to stay with us that long. Our furkids are so fragile in spite of their rugged outsides, aren't they? I'm sure you cherished every moment you had with him.

I am so very, very sorry for you all. May he fly free and painless at the Bridge while keeping an eye on you and your pack.

Jennifer

Jennifer

Aik vom Haus Gold "The Rock" Age 11

Zuzu--gsd DOB 4-21-09. Naughty n' nice

Lucy, Black GSD 2/1997-12-25-2008.
" T'was Heaven with you Here."

Dweezil, WGSD. RIP, 13
Moon, WGSD. RIP , 12
Shining found treasures both.

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Crowned Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Poor guy. May he now run pain free.

Carolina Johnson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page