Lobo will be passing on Monday - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Lobo will be passing on Monday

The time has come for Lobo to pass to the next life. Although he had been scheduled several times before and made recoveries, it is no longer the case. He has now begun losing his ability to stand properly on his front legs (he will just fall over) and can barely eat properly when lying down. He is on pain meds and he sleeps most of the time now. I keep him washed and cleaned as he cannot go outside. We are just waiting now for the doctor to stop by on Monday evening.

It has been a long journey and one I've been so scared to face. But I know in my heart it is what must be done. He cannot suffer any longer. My mom died in January when he was scheduled again but I cancelled - couldn't have two deaths in one week - and then he started acting better.

But I believe time has now caught up with his body to the point of no return. I see his face each day now and wish it was already Monday so he wouldn't be in pain any longer. He is unhappy yet happy to be next to us. He is no longer living but existing. And that is the time I must let him go and say goodbye to my friend and my dog child.

So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. My baby is going to the other side. And I'm very saddened but at the same time I have relief in my heart that he will no longer be tied down to a body that will not work for him anymore.

Hugs to you all and thanks in advance as I will be on and off the computer for the next few days.

God bless.

Robert Davis

Lobo - born 12/26/1994 - will pass 02/09/2009

Robert

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dad to:
Angeles von Lobos (pronounced Angelus)
Jack (RIP)
Cotton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
lkm

Re: Lobo will be passing on Monday

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you"
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Crowned Member

Robert, you and Lobo will be in my thoughts. We recently went thru this with Clover, so I do know how you feel. Just be comforted to know he gave you a great time on this earth and he will be soon free of pain and worry. You must have done something very right to give him such a long life! My first GSD was born on 2/9/83, passed in '95. Lobos will go to the bridge while Stomper is celebrating his day of birth on earth...
The unfortunate thing about our pups is they just don't live long enough. Hugs to you both.
My sympathies to you as well, in the loss of your mother.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Master Member

Robert-

My heart goes out to you and Lobo. It is a loving and selfless thing you are doing for your friend. They trust us to love them even when it breaks our heart. I will most definitely say prayers for you and Lobo. I wish you both peace and comfort on this journey. Thank you for loving him. I'm glad you were able to find each other in this crazy world I truly believe our love and friendship continue on and I'm sure you will meet again.

Fur Mom to Miss Ruby, Zora the Exlpora cat and Falon a.k.a Big Boy
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Crowned Member

I am sorry for your impending loss. It cant be easy for you. I know Lobo has had a great life with you, his mind is willing but his body says enough. I am sure he will be leaving you with many, many happy memories.

Human owner to:
Prinz-Gsd -RIP 8/3/12 Never long enough....
Ava-Rescue
Echo-Rescue GSD/Husky
Barnaby-Holland Lop

Maureen

White Paws GSD Rescue
In-Take Coordinator

post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to mkennels Send a message via Yahoo to mkennels

We know how you feel, it is never easy but he has lived a very long life, more than most and he knows he has very well loved, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Janet
UKC CH Mystical Talyn D'Argo, TT, OFA H/E, CERF, AKC DNA
UKC CH Gretchen Julika Little Star, TT, OFA, Cerf, AKC DNA
Von Hornberger's Mystical Knight, TT, CERF, AKC DNA, OFA
Ranita's Heavenly Angel R.I.P 9/15/07-10/15/08

post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Crowned Member

I'm so sorry Robert. You and Lobo will be in my thoughts.

Betty

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Crowned Member

i'm so sorry too robert, i am going through the very same thing. take care, many blessings to your family from mine...
katherine

goodspeed lobo, bless your heart.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Crowned Member

Wil say kaddish (Jewish mourning prayer) for Lobo.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Knighted Member

I'm so incredibly sorry. I don't know what to say. I'll be thinking about you and Lobo.

Cherish all of your good memories together and know you are doing what is best for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page