MoShu (non GSD) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

MoShu (non GSD)

Foo Lu's MoShu Hua
02/12/1996 - 01/21/2009

My sweet beautiful MoShu passed over the bridge on Wednesday after a long three year battle with kidney failure.

She was an honorary GSD as she helped to raise Cain. When he came home as a pup she immediately took him under her wing and to task when necessary. Up until just a month ago she would "beat him up" on occasion and being the wonderful boy that he is he would obligingly lay on his back to receive his "beating".

MoShu was always so loving with her family and almost always looked to do the right thing and please us. As she became an elder she would on occasion do something naughty and at her age it would make me laugh. I would hear the sound of paper tearing and head into computer room expecting to see Cain shredding something to find she has stolen a single sheet of paper from the computer printer and was methodically shredding it. It was actually a lot of fun to see those HUGE lips working to steal a sheet of paper from the paper feed of the printer. I would always tell her she had enough roughage and what was she thinking and her tail would spin like crazy while she looked embarrased to be caught looking like a dog. She was almost always regal and dignified.

It's the end of an era as she is the last of the Shar Pei kids and my heart is hurting. She passed peacefully at the vet surrounded by those that loved her.

[img][/img]

Nora

Cain von Hena-C, VPG A, TT 10/19/2003 - 12/17/2009
Gone but not forgotten.

Dazzle von Linienbach, 02/07/2009
Learning the ropes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Crowned Member

Re: MoShu (non GSD)

MoShu. What a gorgeous coated Shar Pei. I don't think I've ever seen one before. She looks so soft and cuddly and yet regal at the same time. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Crowned Member

Such a moving tribute to sweet MoShu. I too, have never seen a coated SharPei before. What a stunner. RIP sweet MoShu!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Thank you both, Diana and Patti, for your kind thoughts.

The coated Shar Pei is a double recessive and a major fault in the show ring. In the breed it is known as the bear coat. The shortest coat is called a horse coat and the longer accepted coat is called a brush coat. The bear coat has a double coat and the breed standard calls for a single coat and the coat is to be harsh and offstanding.

MoShu lived to love us and actually did very well in obedience as a younger dog. She would try most anything I asked of her. After having a wrinke kid at home for the past 19 years I am a bit lost. Cain is sticking to me like glue though and doing his best to cheer me up.

Nora

Gone but not forgotten.

Learning the ropes.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Master Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. R.I.P sweet moshu.

Musa

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Crowned Member

She was a beautiful dog and sounds like somewhat of a character. I'm sorry for your loss.

Nina

Mom to Ginger, Belle & April (cats)
Never forgetting -
Cody (GSD) 1993 - 8/21/05
Sheba (GSD) 6/97 - 8/3/09
Lyla (Maine Coon) 1994? - 4/3/07
Tonic (LBC) 1998? - 5/19/07
Chloe (Tuxedo) 1997? - 10/11/08 Forever in my heart.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Crowned Member

What a stunning looking gal. I am with the rest I have never seen a coated Shar Pei. I am sorry for your loss. She will always hold that special place in our heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

I was not aware Shar-peis came in a coated variety either. What a gorgeous dog she was and sounds like she was quite the character. I'm sorry to hear of her passing. R.I.P. sweet MoShu.

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

(Risa's Blog)

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for you support and thoughts. I keep glancing at her favorite nap spots and expecting to see her there snoozing. Last night I actually carried her bowl out to the dog food bins before I realized that I didn't need three bowls.

I am going to pack up her prescription food and any leftover meds and give them to her vet to pass along to someone who can use them. Someone did it for us after losing their dog. It feels right to pass along the kindness.

Nora

Gone but not forgotten.

Learning the ropes.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Elite Member

I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a character and a joy to have around. May the memories help ease the pain of her passing. A thousand years would be too short a time for our pets to stay with us.

~ Kathy ~

Kai vom Theishof ~ GSD
Maggie ~ Pug
Natasha ~ Queen Kitty
Midnight ~ Boss Kitty
Lennie ~ "Special" Kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page