Found Male German Shepherd - Wayne County, MI - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Found Male German Shepherd - Wayne County, MI

My neighbor across the street brought this handsome male to my house, thinking he was mine. He appears to be around 2 years of age, and is extremely friendly. He's skittish at first, but opened up after a few minutes and is very playful. He's around 100 lbs.

I called the Grosse Pointe City police, and they picked him up. They took him to the vet to look for a microchip. He was not wearing a collar.

Please message me, or contact the Grosse Pointe police if you know who he belongs to. He is very well taken care of, and knows basic commands.
Attached Images

dogma13 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Crowned Member

Nice looking dog! I would post on some of the local lost dog pages on FB, please update here when the dog has been connected with owner.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

Someone must be missing him, good looking boy. Do let us know if the owners are found.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

My fiancée posted him on Facebook in a local group as well, with no luck.

I just located the vet office that he was taken to, and spoke to the receptionist for a few minutes. Unfortunately no one has claimed this boy, and I don't believe he has a microchip. She said that an ad will be posted in the paper this week, and after that he will become available for adoption.

My neighbor across the street who found him is first in line for adoption, if he becomes available. They put me down after him. I currently have a male GSD, and am not sure how the two would get along if I was given the opportunity to adopt.

I will reach out to my breeder, and my dog trainer (who also has a few German Shepherds from the same breeder) to see if they could help re home him if he comes to me.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Crowned Member

Please put some signs up in the neighborhood where he was found. Someone is surely missing that dog.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
Please put some signs up in the neighborhood where he was found. Someone is surely missing that dog.
Will do, this is my first time encountering something like this. Should I post the information of the vet office where he is currently located?
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Master Member

There are a few pretty large GSD groups on Facebook that you could take a chance on. One is German Shepherd Owners and the other is German Shepherd Dedicated Owners. Thousands of members, so word can get around with lots of shares.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Crowned Member

Yes, posting the vet clinic contact number is what I'd do -- they should be able to handle asking for proof of ownership.

The goal with a found dog is to cover the bases in the places an owner would look: the town animal shelter (if there is one), around the neighborhood, the newspaper, and online. Not all owners can be reached with any one method, so the more methods that you use, the better the chances.

We also just had a holiday weekend, so the chances of an owner being out of town and having a dog sitter are higher than normal. The vet clinic needs to give this some time before they adopt the dog out -- try to keep your focus on getting him home, not on rehoming, as a dog in this kind of well-cared-for shape (glossy coat!) probably has a decent owner out there missing their dog.

Last edited by Magwart; 04-17-2017 at 03:17 PM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

I wouldn't post a picture if you put up signs, have the people be able to describe the GSD they lost, color, sex, collar or no collar, color of collar, etc..
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Crowned Member

And this is why I never let my dogs go anywhere without 3 forms of ID plus microchip.

Although I can say with near 100% certainty my dogs wouldn't be chilling on someone else's lawn, they'd be looking for me if we had been seperated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page